Increased rates: not at fault accident, repairs paid out of pocket?

When you say, " pertaining to this car", did you mean that your CLUE report is clean or that there is an accident listed on another vehicle within the last few years?

When you say, " pertaining to this car", did you mean that your CLUE report is clean or that there is an accident listed on another vehicle within the last few years?

There is an accident from 2013, and a small claim from 2015. I’m not even sure what the 2015 claim is for, it’s so small. Progressive says it’s comprehensive so maybe a glass chip (which they have $0 deductible repairs - presumably to save them from window replacement claims)? Either way I’m not sure how it could raise my rates now? Both on previous vehicles.

Rate changes go to the policy based on history, company cost increases, driving record, address of the policy. I don't know how long the policy has been in place but if there was a general rate increase it may have affected the policy after renewal, in which case it will show up on the next renewal. Either way, your rates have increased and you are not happy with Progressive. make some phone calls

Have you ordered your CLUE report? Should have done that when I first suggested it. If the claim appears on it, you'll know who reported it.
CLUE would only be showing situation where claims were filed. in this instance, the poster said no claims were filed, merely body shop quotes obtained. That is likely why it doesn't show on CLUE. likely reported into systems like Carfax where they obtain even more data points such as accident reports & maybe even body shop quotes from the estimating software.

I believe Progressive includes all comp, at fault & not at fault collisions in their pricing, so it is possible they are aware there is/was damage to the vehicle from these other sources, not from CLUE

Yeah I have been talking to progressive. Is Carfax or car incident data not subject to the FCRA? Getting info out of either of them about this has been really difficult. Much more difficult than say, getting access to my health records or other financial records. Whatever you think of their process for collecting data or setting rates, shouldn’t I have a right to know the source of the data?

"Right"? Probably not if they can claim it is proprietory information that "just happns" to be about you and your car.

Yeah I have been talking to progressive. Is Carfax or car incident data not subject to the FCRA? Getting info out of either of them about this has been really difficult. Much more difficult than say, getting access to my health records or other financial records. Whatever you think of their process for collecting data or setting rates, shouldn’t I have a right to know the source of the data?

I believe they merely have to show the state regulators how they set rates, but are not required to disclose every detail on an individual basis as it would give up their trade secrets, etc to competitors. the good news is insurance is a million miles from a monopoly like other industries, so you can be free to select & shop from the dozens, if not hundreds, of other competitors if you are disappointed with them

Back