Increasingly more difficult to book f2f appointments in urban and even suburban areas.

I can love anywhere. I work at loving everyone no matter where they live. :spinny:

I live in rural IL, so my ability to approach folks is much simpler. There is much to be said about "location,location,location ". However; we have to be careful that we view our market as it is and not what we perceive it to be. How often have I been in the old slump mode, thinking people where just getting extra difficult, only to discover that "stink`n think`n" was the issue I was really faced with.

I meant to put "live"

2-4 hours east of me is the Atlantic Ocean
2-4 hours west is urban suburban approaching rural
2-4 hours north is urban suburban approaching rural
2-4 hours south...you get the picture

I worked Final Expense for three years here in NYC before I decided to call it quits. I would read about the amazing results agents on the forum were having and I for some reason could not replicate it without three times as much effort and, more importantly, dollars.

I finally realized my location was the problem when I stopped. New Yorkers are skeptical as it is, now add being a senior in NY into the mix. I would do mailers, internet leads & door knock & call them. Yet I could not get the results as easily as others in different states and different geographies.

There are successful Final expense agents here but they are very very few especially since there are only about two or three companies. One thing they all had in common was they were a jack of all trades, at least the ones I know of. They either do auto home and life or they help people get out of debt and credit repair while selling final expense insurance. That is the reality of the matter.

I would suggest creating more inbound leads like a website and telesales

Interesting angle...helping ppl get out of debt and 'credit repair'....?

Interesting angle...helping ppl get out of debt and 'credit repair'....?

It does segue nicely...

“Hey, now that we’ve consolidated all your debt and you have a lower interest rate, you might want to look at a debt payoff program in case you pass away prematurely for you and your SO.”

It does segue nicely...

“Hey, now that we’ve consolidated all your debt and you have a lower interest rate, you might want to look at a debt payoff program in case you pass away prematurely for you and your SO.”

Nice word...'Segue' (had to look that one up). Are you a musician?

You should mix in telesales so you can cover more ground in less time. It's inexpensive to add a few additional state licenses. Look into cross selling med supps, home, and auto insurance to make each appt more profitable.

You should mix in telesales so you can cover more ground in less time. It's inexpensive to add a few additional state licenses. Look into cross selling med supps, home, and auto insurance to make each appt more profitable.

I agree adding additional states would be beneficial. I wouldn’t do home or auto. That’s more cost and time than I’d be interested in doing. Having 4-6 health/life products that cross-sell is easier than trying to segue into home/auto.

Not to mention the service work.

Segway . . .
718LrsGudyL._SX425_.jpg

kazoo. I haven't seen one of those in years...

Big belly problem?

Back