Independent AAA Insurance Agency Owner?

Jan 3, 2019

1. secondcreek

secondcreek Super Genius

If things don't work out with AAA, you may want to contact SUNUP. They are a newer entry into P&C. I am acquainted with their recruiter in my area and if I were in P&C still I would have given them consideration.

2. johnkearnsagency

johnkearnsagency Expert

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the heads up, but I am also looking into Brightway, Goosehead, Oli, ASNOA, Insurance Producers of America, and a few others.

3. Dreamiekid

Dreamiekid Expert

State:
    Florida
    Exactly

4. johnkearnsagency

johnkearnsagency Expert

State:
    North Carolina
    My niche market is motion picture and video production, distribution, and allied services. I use MGA's for those markets in all 28 states I'm licensed in. Those MGA's provide you a quoting portal and it's real easy to get a product bind, when you do not have binding authority.

I do have appointments through other MGA's for other commercial line products, but for the most part I've focused on my niche market.

As for personal lines, I'm looking for an agency-in-the-box solution like Brightway or Goosehead. I want to use there system to leverage and grow quickly. I do not want myself or my team to service, but focus on sales. Both Brightway and Goosehead have negotiated higher commission structures, so end the end it equals out to be the same as if I had a direct appointment or went through another agency group (association, cluster, etc.) I would get the same commission as if I was with someone else, but not all the headache. That matters the most to me in the end.

5. NCAgent828

NCAgent828 Super Genius

State:
    North Carolina
    That’s understandable. There is certainly a case to be made for that! The math I’ve done works out way better financially to hire service staff but to each his own. Goosehead restricts or doesn’t really offer commercial to my understanding. Correct me if I’m wrong so the facts are documented here. I just know of agents with Goosehead who refer commercial out. You will still have to service that.

There are some MGAs like Stuckey and RPS who have good personal lines options as well without having to go to Goosehead or Brightway. But like I said. To each his own. Thanks for the info. I appreciate the transparency. That’s a great niche. Have not heard of others specializing like in those classes.

6. johnkearnsagency

johnkearnsagency Expert

State:
    North Carolina

Is Stucky and RPS similar Superior Access or Agent Secure?

7. NCAgent828

NCAgent828 Super Genius

State:
    North Carolina
    No, not the way I am set up with them.

8. johnkearnsagency

johnkearnsagency Expert

State:
    North Carolina
    Do you use Stuckey's Covercore? What is that about?

9. NCAgent828

NCAgent828 Super Genius

State:
    North Carolina
    I have no idea what that is. Are used their online raider for personal lines and I’ve used them for a commercial as well. They have some standard carriers for commercial and for personal lines. I also use them and now for non-standard homeowners L. Lots of the MGA‘s have the same companies for their non-standard homeowners. I have a couple that are my favorites and that tend to win and all for the best coverage.

10. johnkearnsagency

johnkearnsagency Expert

State:
    North Carolina
    What are the personal lines carriers that Stuckey's have you have access too? (Encompass, Metlife, Allied/Nationwide, Progressive, Safeco, Stillwater)

What rare the commercial lines carriers that Stuckey's have you have access too? (CNA, Hartford, Liberty Mutual, Metlife, Nationwide, and Travelers)