Independent Vs Prudential or Others?

I'm in IL, so I can't comment on CO. I second that training should be similar across the board. I also agree that office culture and the MFS are huge in determining what it could be like.

I'm only in my third year which makes me still feel new, but I'm treated like a veteran agent in my agency. That's not a good thing. We have very few agents in that 3-7 year mark. We have a lot with 15+ years and a TON of 1-2 years.

You'll still need your 6, but the 65 takes the place of the 63 if you have that. The 65 will allow you to do managed money and I know who have done fee based financial planning, but that's not a big part of their practice.

You'll still be selling the variable annuity regardless. Life and annuity sales are the only "core" products. Core product sales are needed for certain aspects of bonus and contract terms.

I'm in IL, so I can't comment on CO. I second that training should be similar across the board. I also agree that office culture and the MFS are huge in determining what it could be like.

I'm only in my third year which makes me still feel new, but I'm treated like a veteran agent in my agency. That's not a good thing. We have very few agents in that 3-7 year mark. We have a lot with 15+ years and a TON of 1-2 years.

Are people leaving after 2 years just going to a different company or going independent or are they washing out of the industry as a whole?

Sent from my IPhone

Are people leaving after 2 years just going to a different company or going independent or are they washing out of the industry as a whole?

Sent from my IPhone

All of the above. Some to other companies, a few independent, and many out of the industry.

I'm with Prudential. It's great for Life Insurance, variable annuities, and mutual funds. I don't know of many agents who work much with individual stocks or bonds.

Training and everything is going to depend on the office and agency you're in. My training experience has been awesome, however I do wish I was trained better with prospecting. I was given tons of orphaned clients, but now I see that orphans don't last forever and weren't usually very good quality.

Learn all you can in the beginning.

So how have you managed to survive the odds and make it? Was it all the orphans or did you have a really big warm market? What do you sell the most of?

Sent from my IPhone

Back