Indy from Home?

i started as a captive agent for preferred carrier after college. i would suggest getting at least a couple of years under a captive agency prior to going independent. my problem is I stayed in the captive world for 7 years and should have became an IA sooner. also having a book to show preferred carriers is helpful in getting direct appointments. non standard carriers will appoint you with not much of a commitment or requirement to have an office (although I personally would not pursue this market).

hey these people are mean to u if they know ur a new agent, they or msmost of them are pathetic, jerks good luck this career is dog eat dog, there are a few nice ones on here but too many egotistical dishonest creaps too. and dont have a sense of humor they dont like that either. i could care less what they like good luck to you
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why in the hell would I lie and make up a story like that?

who would exactly? my mother suffered from alzheimers for nine years i was a nurse, single mom at the time , and had to work and watch her get put in a nursing home cause there was only one of me. she been dead seven yrs now but still remember day i had to talk to administrator about her going i cryed all the way home. it was terrible. good for u for being in something you can do from home. i tried but couldnt find anything then i could make a living from. email me as there are a couple of things u need to know asap [email protected]

and bless you and your family prayers going up for your situation

Last edited:
TwittyBird what are you going to advise RBA..Maybe we can all learn from that advise.

Nothing should be private on this forum thats why we are all hear to learn from each other. RBA can you call her ASAP. :swoon::swoon:

TwittyBird what are you going to advise RBA..Maybe we can all learn from that advise.

Nothing should be private on this forum thats why we are all hear to learn from each other. RBA can you call her ASAP. :swoon::swoon:

I dont need to call anyone, I already spent 8.5 years taking care of my father who had Pick's disease, ya, go google that and find out what kind of horrible disease that is, there was a protein that ate his brain away over that 8.5 years.

So anyone that doesnt believe **** i say, they can kiss my ass. Why would I make up any stories like that? People shouldnt have to go thru what I have gone thru and will go thru AGAIN.

Well that didn't work. Because that are the rules.

Hello everyone!

I am relatively new to the P&C business and wanted to see if this is possible. Would it be possible to get appointed with some standard companies like prog or geiko without having an official office?

The plan is:

1- write business in a book while working my normal job.

2- a couple years down the road, apply for a business loan to purchase another book and open an office.

Is this something that is possible?

God bless you all who can work out of your home.....I can't! Way too many distractions for me. Also when people see your car at home they assume you are not working and can shoot the breeze with them or go play golf with them, etc, etc,. Big pain in the backside for me!

Back