Insurance Agent Websites

There is no such thing as a "free" website. First of all, you have to have an internet connection, and in these days it better be fast... either DSL or cable. Secondly, you need a domain name... that's gonna cost. Thirdly you need a hosting server. If you provide your own server (they cost a lot) you still have to obtain web development software... which may or not cost (some are open-source and "free"), but in the final analysis, YOU have to do the design, etc.

Putting this all together, your time is not "free" unless you are doing this for a hobby, and all the items necessary to publish a website has costs.

If you are conducting a business, you must decide if you have the talent to pull this off (I can't imagine anyone learning html in a day as someone suggested). Finally, what will your end product look like? Home-spun or professional? You make the choice. Only you know your ability.

Very true - there are always costs if you are creating it yourself. Also if time=money then you spend money that way. i'd be interested to see which programs you all use to create these sites. I personally like DreamWeaver.

Very true - there are always costs if you are creating it yourself. Also if time=money then you spend money that way. i'd be interested to see which programs you all use to create these sites. I personally like DreamWeaver.

Programs like DreamWeaver are expensive, although feature-rich. Like most expensive software, if you don't use it, it is a waste of money. I know... I have a lot of useless software that I have bought over the years. Hardly ever scratched the surface with all those bells and whistles.

I thought about using Joomla or Mambo, but instead just went with the Zen Sitebuilder provided at no extra cost with my Siteground account. I don't do any coding, it's all done by the software. I just add content, and that's more than enough to keep me busy. This way I can concentrate on how I want my site to look and besides, I am not building other people's web sites, so learning how to build a site from scratch is not cost effective for me. All the effort put into learning how to program through a CMS would be wasteful.

If I change my mind later, I still have the content I have designed to use as my template.

Last edited by a moderator:

I like Dreamweaver too. It is pricey, but it is worth it.

If you have a friend or family member who is a student or who is in education, they might be able to purchase it for you at a pretty good discount. This is true for a lot of software.

If you have a friend or family member who is a student or who is in education, they might be able to purchase it for you at a pretty good discount. This is true for a lot of software.

that's true - that's how we got ours. I love the whole Adobe suite, it's got everything you need. I would never pay full price for it though.

I have dreamweaver and LOVE it much. The design code feature is cool and can build a site within a few hours.

If I may throw my hat into the ring....I will gladly build anybody on this Board a website. I will only charge $249. That's it.

Here are some of my credentials:

20-year member of WDP (Website Design Professionals)
18-year member of WMI (Webmaster International)
15-year member of MSD (Master Site Designers)

Although I have never actually built a website, I have looked at many sites, and have taken extensive notes regarding their design and possible flaws. I know what HTML is and have heard a lot of good ideas from other people.

Thank you.

If I may throw my hat into the ring....I will gladly build anybody on this Board a website. I will only charge $249. That's it.

Here are some of my credentials:

20-year member of WDP (Website Design Professionals)
18-year member of WMI (Webmaster International)
15-year member of MSD (Master Site Designers)

Although I have never actually built a website, I have looked at many sites, and have taken extensive notes regarding their design and possible flaws. I know what HTML is and have heard a lot of good ideas from other people.

Thank you.

:laugh:
Are you joking or are you serious? Looking and designing... two different things. So who will be the first ginea pig?

By the way...please don't take me too seriously.

Back