Insurance Agent Websites

I don't see the difference between looking and designing. I admit, that I will make a lot of mistakes with my first website. And it may not work right. But after years of tinkering, it will definitely be considered of average quality.

I don't see the difference between looking and designing. I admit, that I will make a lot of mistakes with my first website. And it may not work right. But after years of tinkering, it will definitely be considered of average quality.

:D Chumps, you are one class act!!! I love it... honesty is your best credential!

I personally enjoyed building my site with FrontPage. I like having the power to go in at anytime and change things. It has the quote sheets, the carrier links and all the info pages.

But, most importantly you can create online newsletters that are emailable and referral forms that respond directly to your email address. Using the program to create email that has built in forms has proven to be more profitable than the actual site.

Last edited:
If you are looking for a website in California for Indy and Small Group, call Frank at Zapquotes. He did my site several years ago and I couldnt live without it. He does all the updates on rates, Cobra, etc. I think it costs me around 500 per year. You can customize it however you would like. He is a former health insurance guy and still does a little biz, but his focus is on websites.

I cant post a link due to my number of posts, but my site is

novisinsurance

Good Luck

Taylor Novis
Novis Insurance Solutions
Palm Desert Ca

I personally enjoyed building my site with FrontPage. I like having the power to go in at anytime and change things. It has the quote sheets, the carrier links and all the info pages.

I built my first few sites with FrontPage. However, FrontPage is no longer being supported by Microsoft and I was forced to abandon it when my web host stopped allowing its users to upload using the FrontPage software.

You may want to move away from FrontPage on your own schedule before you are forced to do so.

DreamWeaver is a much better program. I mostly hand code my sites now, so I don't use a lot of the features, but the consensus among web designers seems to be DreamWeaver.

Has anyone ever used Joomla to build a site. I signed up with siteground as recommended and wanted to use Joomla as I want a very content rich website and thought Joomla would be the way to go for this. The only problem is I have no experience with website design. I looked at Dreamweaver but it is a little pricey and I was hoping to get away without.

If anyone has used Joomla, do you have any recommendations for a good guide to Joomla?

Has anyone ever used Joomla to build a site. I signed up with siteground as recommended and wanted to use Joomla as I want a very content rich website and thought Joomla would be the way to go for this. The only problem is I have no experience with website design. I looked at Dreamweaver but it is a little pricey and I was hoping to get away without.

If anyone has used Joomla, do you have any recommendations for a good guide to Joomla?

I tried Joomla, and ran out of patience with it before I finished a site. Even jobbed out a site to a fellow in Pakistan to finish. Another whole story.

Try this software it's free.
Free Web Site Publishing Software Download - WebPlus

You can build a complete site with it. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but gets you where you need to go.

The software had a 4 to 6 hour learning curve for me, more or less for others, depending on skill level.

This will give you an idea, if you have what it takes to build basic web sites.

If you find you enjoy building, then I would recommend buying their Web Plus X2. $79.95

That is what I use to build my sites.

They both function the same way. Web Plus X2 just has many more tools.

The company also has a vibrant forum for posting questions, I often receive answers within minutes.

If I was doing web sites for a living, I would invest in Dreamweaver.

If you have already signed up at Siteground, why not just use the free Zen Sitebuilder? If you are only going to build your own and not do website building for others, this is the way to go. They have plenty of tutorials to walk you through how to design your site, and the only thing you need to bring to the table is familiarity with office programs such as Word. (It doesn't use Word, it is just that it uses commands similar to it) IOW, if you can use Word, you can use Sitebuilder.... no html coding required. (Actually, it uses Adobe Flash)

As Bob Barker would say "The price is right!"

Last edited:
I tinkered around with the zenbuilder and it seemed simple enough. But I guess I'm a bit of a perfectionist and maybe a little naive about my skills. I want alot of pages for each type of insurance I am going to try and generate leads for (Med supps, life, ltc, disability, and health) I want to be able to do a request quote page for each with specific questions. I also want it to be content rich with a FAQ for each section along with links to guides and files. I also want to eventually do a blog from the site, and be able to set up a signup for a mailing list. I have the setup in my mind and didn't feel that the zenbuilder could accomplish this.

Maybe what I want it to be and what it turns out to be will be two completely different things. But, I'm not looking to spit out a site in a day or two. I have no false impression that this is going to take some time and am willing to invest a few months to do it right, maybe longer. One question I have is, while Joomla is free and Dreamweave is like $350 (I think), what is the difference, ease of use, features?

I also don't want to sound like I think that if I build some super site that the leads will start flowing in. One thing I would like to try (and if anyone has done this, feedback would be great) is to have a company design a direct mail peice to try and get people to the site. I think this might increase the response on a direct mail peice, or not, I don't know. Like I said, maybe I'm naive but I'm just looking to add more avenues for marketing and I have a very clear idea of the site I want.

One thing I would like to try (and if anyone has done this, feedback would be great) is to have a company design a direct mail peice to try and get people to the site. I think this might increase the response on a direct mail peice, or not, I don't know. Like I said, maybe I'm naive but I'm just looking to add more avenues for marketing and I have a very clear idea of the site I want.

You might make more sales if your direct mail piece displayed your phone number more prominently than your website address.

I would list both, but I want to talk to people so that I can close them. I'm sure that your ability to close will always be greater than your website's.

Back