Insurance Agent Websites

Alston, what do you think of Nvu?

It is not "professional" like Dreamweaver or FP but has a short learning curve.

I've only used FrontPage, Dreamweaver and simple text editors like NotePad. I like Dreamweaver a lot, but I haven't checked out the competition.

However, I do also participate in some webmaster forums. There some webmasters who hand code everthing. For the rest of them, Dreamweaver is almost universally accepted as the best.

I definitely am not looking for the website to close a sale. I have not moved into the phone sales as I would like to, but I don't think ltc could be sold solely over the phone. My main focus is senior and boomer markets, talk about supps and health, move to ltc or di, and talk about financial goals.

I would be looking for the website to add another avenue for a response from a direct mail peice. Most peices I see are - send in this card for free info. What about send this in, or call the 1800 #, or visit this website to get your booklet/info/quote. One thing I notice with direct mail is, by the time you get the card back and get in touch with them, the interest might be lost a little. And if I can drive traffic over time to my site through SEO, well that will just be even more prospects.

Another thing I get when I'm calling lists is, well can't you just send me some information. I would love to tell them to go to my website and check it out. Hopefully the site would be intriguing enough and informative to warrant a quote request.

Just a thought.

I would love to tell them to go to my website and check it out. Hopefully the site would be intriguing enough and informative to warrant a quote request.

You may want to get the professional version of Adobe Acrobat. You can create pdf documents that you can email to prospective clients.

Almost any document that can be printed can be converted into a pdf and emailed or posted on your website.

If you want to create pdfs you might want to try Cute PDF Professional. Adobe products tend to be very expensive.

Get someone that is a professional, it will cost some money up front but the ROI will be well worth it.

Last edited:
Get someone that is a professional, it will cost some money up front but the ROI will be well worth it.

I really agree - It's really easy to tell whose websites were built by a professional and who attempted to build their own. These days consumers have high expectations for stuff they find online, as well as a short attention span. If the site looks tacky or home-made, I'd be very surprised to see much come from it.

I used Yahoo Small Business to do my website design, hosting and email management. Its pretty cheap, not sure how much, cause its not even enough to really notice coming out each month. haha. I have had my site up for a few weeks now, and am getting pretty good traffic and interest.

As far as driving traffic to your site, and getting good SEO, I would say to start writing about what you know, and submit those articles to about 5 of the top article submission sites. It will take a little while to see the results, but you will get better search rankings, because each article you write will have a link back to your site, and before you know it, you will have hundreds of link backs, raising your ranking tremendously.

The articles bring good traffic too, I have had several other websites, and companies use my articles in their newsletters, which in return upped my traffic with a very well qualified audience.

Some thoughts on this thread:

First, I have built dozens of sites from the ground up. I have used Dreamweaver and FrontPage. I have tried every other design tool out there as well.

I started doing this as a serious hobby and spent countless hours learning the Internet and the software. The learning curve for anyone wanting to built their own site from the ground up is huge, in my opinion. Take whatever time and skill it took you to learn insurance for an idea of equivalency. If you aren't willing to put in the time, don't be fooled into thinking you can do this because you can't. Use a professional or go a different route than ground up design.

Someone mentioned Joomla. If you want to go the module route, which I would recommend as by far the best alternative to building a site ground up, then go with Xoops or ImpressCMS. Here is a site I did in Xoops: LA LEGAL - LOUISIANA LEGAL.

Modular sites like Xoops let you incorporate a theme (design) someone else has done with modules (like forums, FAQs, whatever) that you can just add to your core site. There is a learning curve, but it is one crapload easier than learning CSS and HTML. If you want to go the CSS/HTML Internet design route, then be prepared to spend a few hundred dollars on books and around 400 hours on learning. I'm not joking.

Otherwise, get a professional as first choice or go with open source, free tools like Xoops and ImpressCMS (derived from Xoops). Powered by You! : XOOPS Project The ImpressCMS Project : Make a Lasting Impression : Make a Lasting Impression

You may not be able to get a 'free' website, but you can get a free blog that will give you a web presence. Go to blogger.com or to wordpress.com and they will provide you with a very user friendly way to create a simple website absolutely free.

Plus you can post videos and capture email addresses to build a relationship with people that visit your blog - hope this helps!

Back