Insureme Changes

Jan 15, 2008

1. CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD Guru

State:
    Ohio
    Effective today, Insureme raised its minimum leads per day requirement to five. With the other leads coming in, five is a bit much for me right now.

I drastically reduced my geographic area so that I will only be getting about 10 leads per month from them.

And, on an unrelated note...I will be leaving (retiring) the business sometime in 2023.

2. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    Their leads are also shared with up to 9 agents.

3. somarco

somarco That Medicare Expert Guy

State:
    Georgia
    Who will take your place?

Conan, or Snoopy?

somarco, Jan 15, 2008
  4. CT Insure Guy

CT Insure Guy Super Genius

I have been one of the biggest critics of InsureMe for quite some time, though I have bought a good number of their leads. As much as I too think this "5 per day" thing is weak, I have to admit I have learned how to sell these InsureMe leads pretty easily, as the competition that are calling them is piss poor. I would say I am closing 20-25% of these leads right now which is a good notch higher than ther 12-15% I do with other services.

My rep M. Webb is a bit of an annoying crotch but the leads, for some strange reason, are working OK. I still think it's insane that they charge $3 exra per lead if you want an email...it's an Internet service!

5. CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD Guru

State:
    Ohio
    20%-25% is fantastic!

John....re the nine leads, in Ohio, the consumer actually picks which agents they want quotes from. Every so often, I am the ONLY agent they choose, although most of the time it's about 3-5.

Unfortunately, sometimes the consumer checks ALL of their choices and yes, you may get 7-9 agents calling them. Of course, they always deeply regret having nine people calling (or emailing) them. HB seems to always be on the list, along with a few discount places.

6. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    InsureMe was hands down my number 1 shared lead source. I had a fantastic closing ratio with them. But they jacked the prices through the ceiling for filters and I had a lot of run-ins over their 15% return cap - especially when I hit the cap and leads came in that didn't meet my filter requirements or had bad contact info. I had to dump 'em. I should never have to pay for a bogus lead - ever.

7. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    That might be the case in OH, but in MD that method was just a test and it failed. Too many clients were only choosing 1 our 2 agents/agencies and InsureMe can't afford to run it that way.

This is what you get:

[​IMG]

8. taterpeeler

taterpeeler Guru

State:
    Texas
    heres what i do with insureme.... this will only work if you have 2 profiles... if u dont create a new one. on one profile change all the filter settings so that there is no way in hell u could ever get a lead,turn that profile on.. ie, active... and just turn the other profile off... u will never get a lead... this works well for me, i assume u can still add profiles... just work the system in your favor.... then u will have an on off switch

9. CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD Guru

State:
    Ohio
    Essentially, that's what I did, although I have five different profiles. In the active profile, I use just three zips.

10. Colorado Newbie

Colorado Newbie Super Genius

Yesterday I did a bogus test to see what was going on with their leads and saw the same thing above about the trusted partner. I clicked on it and it was a link to quote page for quotesauction.com