Insurint Quoting Engine / CRM

Today, one of our agents referred me to Insurint. They are a relatively new technology company that offers an integrated quoting engine and CRM. Insurint is endorsed by Aetna and several other companies.
The demo for the quoting engine was slick. Medical conditions, height / weight, tobacco / non-tobacco and occupation can be entered and accurate quotes with probable outcomes are then created.
Also, the quoting indicated which companies would likely decline an individual or rider out a medical condition. In other words, it appears that underwriting guides are integrated into this software.
It appears that the major insurance companies are working closely with Insurint, and have provided them the necessary technology and information to make this work.
I would appreciate feedback from anyone that has experience with Insurint, or is currently using their software.
Thanks in advance.

Medical conditions, height / weight, tobacco / non-tobacco and occupation can be entered and accurate quotes with probable outcomes are then created.

The quotes are just as good as you are in reading and understanding the guide. Frankly, most agents are too lazy to read and try to convey estimated final outcomes.

The Insurint system isn't dummy proof, but probably close to it.

I previewed the system over a month ago. It is slick but more than I need or desire in a quote engine. And, to the best of my knowledge, they do not have a "button" you can put on your site for instant consumer quotes.

This is a major flaw IMO.

Sounds like a good quote engine, but when will they have it available for consumer quotes? I think someone else mentioned it was a little slow.

I don't see how you can include underwriting logic when the insurance companies themselves have no consistency and do not know their own guidelines.

I offered to train every companies underwriters for $20,000 a day plus expenses and so far I have no takers.

The software has the underwriting manual online. It also cross references specific criteria (such as BMI) to automatically eliminate folks that are too fat from consideration.

So it is somewhat intuitive but not completely. Still requires the agent to actually DO something, like ask questions about conditions, open the online guide, and then make an educated guess on what the carrier will do.

That is very time consuming. Something I do (after hours) before sending out a revised proposal.

The idea is you can review plans, quote and adjust on the spot with your prospect watching everything on their desktop.

Sounds slick but not practical if you are trying to consult with your client. Works well if you are simply replacing one copay plan with another at a 10% lower rate.

Perhaps it is me, or the type of client I attract (or pursue, depending on your perspective). The system is great for the one call close and you are replacing a 4 door Chevy with a 4 door Ford.

It is also good if you have the decision maker on the line with you and it is crunch time.

There are a lot of things I like about it and some I don't. Just like anything else, it will work fine for some and not for others.

Back