Interesting Read.......Lunch\Din ner Seminars

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
I was just browsing the local news site and came acorss an article regarding lunch seminars. Seems like FINRA and SEC are sitting in on these with some interesting finds.

The story here

Do you do seminars?

I was just browsing the local news site and came acorss an article regarding lunch seminars. Seems like FINRA and SEC are sitting in on these with some interesting finds.

The story here

Do you do seminars?

yes. I have been learning the annuity and IUL market recently, and have been helping a local broker with his seminars. They do work.

Big difference though... we dont do them at Olive Garden, Red lobsters etc... They done at much more high end non-chain local steak houses type restaraunts

Last edited:
The key of seminars (especially since that annuity 'expose' in 2008) is to only show concern, but not use fear tactics. Statements like "The FDIC only has a fraction of the money to insure deposits" or other bs statements like that... won't help you, particularly with regulators in the room.

A good seminar format will essentially talk about the problems that most people face, and some possible solutions.

Don't promote any specific products or make any claims. Any interest rates used should be for illustrative purposes only.

I would have to say that the seminar power points used by the Insurance Pro Shop truly are educational in nature - to get people to THINK about their situation. If they'd like an individual consultation, do so afterwards.

I can't think of anyone who is credible who is going to actually try to SELL at a seminar and get people to write a check right then and there.

Just because some people do them badly, doesn't mean you shouldn't do them at all.

Big difference though... we dont do them at Olive Garden, Red lobsters etc... They done at much more high end non-chain local steak houses type restaraunts

Yeah, any seminar I've seen invites for have been for the higher end places as well. Pre negotiating a cost per plate and a limited menu.

I know they work and the ones I've had experience with no sales were done at the dinner\lunch...only an opportunity to get an appointment.

BTW, go ahead and tell them what your sales pitch is: "We want your money with us. The real question is... does it make sense for your situation?"

When done correctly, seminars provide prospects and a good possibility of referrals. No need to sell, the ability to educate will generate enough sales and referrals to sustain business and keep the pipeline full. To sell could be fatal to potential sales in certain situations. Be available to set appointments!

You never sell on the first appointment, and in this case you wouldn't even sell on the 2nd appointment. You would do some fact-gathering and do the recommendation / sale on that 3rd appointment.

Back