Internet speed / Leads

Depending on the agent, the call centers can be extremely effective and it's a bad blanket statement to make that they are unethical or "slam" artists. I'm guilty myself.

I recently put in a lead for myself, was called by Answer Financial and the agent was fantastic. I tried to throw him a curve ball - said I needed maternity for my wife.

He put me into Aetna quotes, told me GR didn't cover it (in MD) went over Assurant but pointed out the correct flaws. He was a great agent, not pushy at all, really built up some rapport and emailed me everything after we reviewed it - wanted a time to get back in touch with me after I discussed it with my wife.

Clever chap also - closed the door on others by saying "If you would like to work with me John and you get tired of the phone ringing you can simply say you're already working with an agent."

If I knew nothing about the industry I would have just stuck with him and ignored all other calls and emails.

Don't readily discount being the first to call. Since Leadpod my percentage has gone up significantly.

Best way to find out is to create a dummy lead and send it through the system. Of course...mark as "test lead" somewhere so brokers can get a refund.

I think everyone would be interested in the results.

Good idea, however I would have no way to know how long the other guys took to get around to calling me.
My cell phone rings when I get a lead so I am almost instantaneous in calling. A few times I have got an alert on my cell phone and the email comes in two or three minutes later.
By the way, I use sbcglobal email. (AT&T)
My service is by DSL.
All in all, very frustrating.

Depending on the agent, the call centers can be extremely effective and it's a bad blanket statement to make that they are unethical or "slam" artists. I'm guilty myself.

I recently put in a lead for myself, was called by Answer Financial and the agent was fantastic. I tried to throw him a curve ball - said I needed maternity for my wife.

He put me into Aetna quotes, told me GR didn't cover it (in MD) went over Assurant but pointed out the correct flaws. He was a great agent, not pushy at all, really built up some rapport and emailed me everything after we reviewed it - wanted a time to get back in touch with me after I discussed it with my wife.

Clever chap also - closed the door on others by saying "If you would like to work with me John and you get tired of the phone ringing you can simply say you're already working with an agent."

If I knew nothing about the industry I would have just stuck with him and ignored all other calls and emails.

Don't readily discount being the first to call. Since Leadpod my percentage has gone up significantly.

Leadpod has increased my sales and I am only talking to people that really want to talk to me, Didnt call one person on my own this week, and gained two very nice Clients. What a great Service! If you understand it and know how to make it work, its like your own personal mint!!

it's given me a life and increased my business substantially. You can feed as many leads into it as you want - go about you day and only take transferred calls. it's not for everyone.

Good idea, however I would have no way to know how long the other guys took to get around to calling me.
My cell phone rings when I get a lead so I am almost instantaneous in calling. A few times I have got an alert on my cell phone and the email comes in two or three minutes later.
By the way, I use sbcglobal email. (AT&T)
My service is by DSL.
All in all, very frustrating.

Its the Call Centers, expecially if you are using Vimo Leads, they are pounded by HBD their (Dialers) will beat you everytime. I have had Leadpod recieve the lead, reach the prospect, and transfer to me, and I was speaking with the client when the Lead finally hit my inbox.

For me it's fact vs theory. The theory is that I'm gonna buy shared leads and make all the follow up calls necessary. The fact is I hate making follow up calls and find it, overall, to be a waste of time to wake on Wednesday and starting calling past leads - so I don't call like I should.

Leadpod does it for me - they make the calls like the calls should be made and I end up getting business I otherwise would have have got - so for me the extra biz it picks up for me more than pays for the service.

again, not a service for everyone. I've bought shared leads without leadpod, I've bought them with it. I personally would never purchase shared leads without it.

Last edited:
There are other factors as well.

Your ISP may collect emails and batch them out, especially if (like mine) you have spam or AV filters.

I quit trying to compete with the phone mills and really don't care if I am the first in or not. The way I work my leads and clients is not reliant on being the first in the door.

I used to think the same way, But it has dramatically changed my sales. You can still conduct yourself as you would with any other client, and use your normal sales process. This gives you and edge to introduce yourself and get your foot in the door, and educate them what will be happening,(before they shut down) and never answer the phone. Believe it or not, Some people want to take care of their problem (Right Now) and I was never reaching those people before. The shared lead market is so competitive, just another way of getting to good honest clients, before someone that really does not care about them or any product they peddle.

Its the Call Centers, expecially if you are using Vimo Leads, they are pounded by HBD their (Dialers) will beat you everytime. I have had Leadpod recieve the lead, reach the prospect, and transfer to me, and I was speaking with the client when the Lead finally hit my inbox.

Who is HBD?

Back