iPhone 3G or Blackberry for Insurance Agents

Briko, which company are you able to talk and browse at the same time? Does Sprint offer that? I thought that would be something Verizon had definitely upgraded by now! I haven't had them for about 4 or 5 years.... kind of upsetting to know they still don't offer the talk/surf feature on their network!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The thing that worried me about Verizon is not being able to use the web while I'm talking on the phone. I envision myself looking at my Google Calendar while talking to a client and scheduling something.

Briko, which company are you able to talk and browse at the same time? Does Sprint offer that? I thought that would be something Verizon had definitely upgraded by now! I haven't had them for about 4 or 5 years.... kind of upsetting to know they still don't offer the talk/surf feature on their network!

the iPhone will talk and browse at the same time.

AT&T will do it....Verizon won't.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AT&T does it....Verizon doesn't. Sucks, I know.

Last edited:
The thing that worried me about Verizon is not being able to use the web while I'm talking on the phone. I envision myself looking at my Google Calendar while talking to a client and scheduling something.

The solution to that is having your phone calendar sync'd to your G-calendar. No need to open a web browser to schedule while talking to clients, simply open the calendar function on your phone....

Thanks for all the feedback on this thread (and others). I decided to go with the iPhone. There were a lot of factors to weigh, and I think that the iPhone will be the best choice for me.

It's just another tool, and it will not replace my laptop with Broadband.

The solution to that is having your phone calendar sync'd to your G-calendar. No need to open a web browser to schedule while talking to clients, simply open the calendar function on your phone....

Thanks! You've actually just made my decision for me. I'll wait till summer and switch to the Droid Incredible with Verizon. (Unless something new comes out and then I'll be indecisive again :))

Consider Android phones and Verizon.

Verizon has the most widepread network. I travel all over the country and they are the best to keep a signal away from the large metro areas. Sprint is excellent in town and along major hightways and ATT is getting better but still very spotty in rural areas.

The HTC Incredible with Verizon is getting very good reviews and has many capabilities that blow away the current iphone but the new iphone will be an improvement.

Yesterday Android announced another update that will continue to keep the OS wars exciting. My prediction is that Android will overtake Iphone and Blackberry within 18 months.

Gulliver.

...I think that the iPhone will be the best choice for me.
Puppy killer! :1tongue:

Kidding. I'm pretty sure that's the one I'm gonna go with too, but am hoping to hold out until the new model comes out (supposedly this summer).

The linking your calendar with Google Calendar is a great idea! I have my Outlook calendar (on my desk computer) linked to my google calendar, and even posted it on my website (in a more secure area) for easy 'anywhere' access. Great tool!

Back