Is 70% Commission on Term Reasonable

Man, I only get 65% from Royal Neighbors Term and 55% from GenWorth Term!

But, I am new in the business for only 5 months now so I need the training and leads.

Now that's a better deal!

It all comes down to the level of support that you, the agent, are needing. If an agent is willing to do more of the work themselves; then they will be paid accordingly, and typically in the 115-125% range. Depending on the volume these numbers can still increase.

More support; less compensation. Every marketing organization should have a free quoting platform and access to forms. They should also have access to the E-applications that are made available by the insurance companies; not the marketing platform!

Great Topic!

I don't write that much life maybe 6-12 policies a year and 70% on term is what I am getting through a GA.

70% is low if you are generating your own leads. Different carriers offer a higher compensation rate for the same product. Our GA offers more than that for new agents and based on volume will raise the split.

Currently have GA contract and depending on the carrier it averages about 70%.

I saw where Met life is only paying 50% on term but their rates are way low.

I have looked at a couple of other GA's and they were not offering any better deal than what I am getting.

What kind of GA contracts are out there where you are making 100% and what carriers are they using?

My rule when it comes to life insurance is I get the client the best deal and if that means taking a lower commission then that is ok with me.

Currently have GA contract and depending on the carrier it averages about 70%.

I saw where Met life is only paying 50% on term but their rates are way low.

I have looked at a couple of other GA's and they were not offering any better deal than what I am getting.

What kind of GA contracts are out there where you are making 100% and what carriers are they using?

My rule when it comes to life insurance is I get the client the best deal and if that means taking a lower commission then that is ok with me.

There are some competitive contracts higher than 70% for Term, and if your looking for triple-digits contracts it's possible if you show proof of production, promise X amount of prod. in the next 12 months, etc.

I'm apprehensive about posting Carrier names and numbers here, but feel free to PM or email me.

I know agents with 100-105% contracts who are broke, and I also know agents with 65% contracts+ free leads who are doing very well.

Back