Is Aflac worth working for?

But this thread is about a guy asking about working at an aflac agency, which is really different then just being appointed to be able to offer their policies. Hes talking about splitting his commission with someone one up above him almost 50/50, when that number is already getting what I would thing would be at least 2 more overrides above that. And then they have the audacity to hold you to "production" standards etc., as if you wernt good enough to give them free money unless it was at a certain dollar amount. Unreal. But to each his own

So, that's a tough question to answer.. mainly because I don't know.

You're held to production standards with every company you sign up with, or you're contract is terminated.

UHC required you to have X amount of policies or they'd bounce you. Most carriers require at least 1 policy.

Also, I don't think it's audacity. Some people need a lot of structure. Aflac provides some of that. Commission rate really isn't everything because 100% x zero=zero.

I can't tell you what that offices structure is like, but there's three main levels, benefits advisor, manager, corporate.

Having a partner isn't a bad thing... Provided you're getting something in return that's worth it.

So, that's a tough question to answer.. mainly because I don't know.

You're held to production standards with every company you sign up with, or you're contract is terminated.

UHC required you to have X amount of policies or they'd bounce you. Most carriers require at least 1 policy.

Also, I don't think it's audacity. Some people need a lot of structure. Aflac provides some of that. Commission rate really isn't everything because 100% x zero=zero.

I can't tell you what that offices structure is like, but there's three main levels, benefits advisor, manager, corporate.

Having a partner isn't a bad thing... Provided you're getting something in return that's worth it.
I dont want to be argumentative, but you've alluded to not even being appointed to write an aflac policy even though they've been emailing you, and basically spoon feeding you the ability to have their policies at your disposal, yet you haven't even accepted that. So I'm unsure why you would be trying to make working as a captive for them on the bottom rung of the structure out to be not a bad option. I dont mean to sound brazen or like I'm picking a fight with you, I just dont understand. In my opinion, this opportunity the OP has described is not a good entry point, and he/she could come at it from another angle. Of course, if they're just looking for a fast gig to get some money rolling in so they then can sit back and think of what to do, then sure, go for it. I guess theres just not enough information to really say if this is a good choice for them or not.

I dont want to be argumentative, but you've alluded to not even being appointed to write an aflac policy even though they've been emailing you, and basically spoon feeding you the ability to have their policies at your disposal, yet you haven't even accepted that. So I'm unsure why you would be trying to make working as a captive for them on the bottom rung of the structure out to be not a bad option.
You don't have to step in the manure pile to know what it smells like.. Some people make good money at AFLAC but they are for the most part a churn and burn operation when it comes to agents. And, yes I was contracted with them years ago but it didn't take me long to know it wasn't for me..

I dont want to be argumentative, but you've alluded to not even being appointed to write an aflac policy even though they've been emailing you, and basically spoon feeding you the ability to have their policies at your disposal, yet you haven't even accepted that. So I'm unsure why you would be trying to make working as a captive for them on the bottom rung of the structure out to be not a bad option. I dont mean to sound brazen or like I'm picking a fight with you, I just dont understand. In my opinion, this opportunity the OP has described is not a good entry point, and he/she could come at it from another angle. Of course, if they're just looking for a fast gig to get some money rolling in so they then can sit back and think of what to do, then sure, go for it. I guess theres just not enough information to really say if this is a good choice for them or not.

I'm just trying to get my Aflac recruitment bonus..

In all seriousness:

That's kind of my point. I don't really know the situation well enough to say good or bad.

I don't sign up for AFLAC because it doesn't really mesh with my product mix. I didn't investigate their rates or anything.

In short, it might work well for him.. then again it won't. Someone that has more experience with AFLAC are a better fit to say..

Last edited:
Back