Is Anybody Making Real Money Out There?

I think this idea is unrealistic. To work 70 hours a week, we are talking about an average of 10 hours a week (including Saturdays and Sundays).

Where is your family life?

Where is your personal life?

Where is it if you are sick or have an emergency in your family?

Thank you!

Working 70 hours isn't necessarily appointment or sales hours. Sometimes it's just doing paperwork. Or driving time, gross

Also flexibility in your schedule doesn't mean a straight 70 hour week.

Working 70 hours isn't necessarily appointment or sales hours. Sometimes it's just doing paperwork. Or driving time, gross

Also flexibility in your schedule doesn't mean a straight 70 hour week.

That is just it, If I am at my desk from 830 to 5 a lot of that time is not only working messing around on forum or research or personal stuff gets done during that time too

I only work mon through fri most days and only during aep I consistently work past 5 and do some Saturdays and even then I dont think I do 70 hours of work a week

That is just it, If I am at my desk from 830 to 5 a lot of that time is not only working messing around on forum or research or personal stuff gets done during that time too

I only work mon through fri most days and only during aep I consistently work past 5 and do some Saturdays and even then I dont think I do 70 hours of work a week

How much I am learning with this forum!

I think this idea is unrealistic. To work 70 hours a week, we are talking about an average of 10 hours a week (including Saturdays and Sundays).

Depends on one's situation: I'm independent and have worked from a home office for years. Its easy to work in the evening or night processing paperwork (for example during AEP) while using money-time to engage clients, prospect, run appointments, work-up cases.

And some are single with a lot of motivation and put their singleness to good use, knocking doors to sundown, studying for product knowledge, case design, certifications, etc.

And some don't have much of a family life much like the guy who owns a pizza parlor or other business owners put in long hours building their business.

I know one agent who sold med supps and the LTC policies in the early 90s (when LTC was super cheap) and is now a multi-million dollar investment broker. His expression was STP like TNT: See The People like There's No Tomorrow.

To this day, he won't let any lead or referral sit on a table. Its his obsession.

Not everyone needs to work like that or has the desire for such sacrifice, but of those wanting to work 40 hours (or less) they must ask themselves if they are really 'working.'

Depends on one's situation: I'm independent and have worked from a home office for years. Its easy to work in the evening or night processing paperwork (for example during AEP) while using money-time to engage clients, prospect, run appointments, work-up cases.

And some are single with a lot of motivation and put their singleness to good use, knocking doors to sundown, studying for product knowledge, case design, certifications, etc.

And some don't have much of a family life much like the guy who owns a pizza parlor or other business owners put in long hours building their business.

I know one agent who sold med supps and the LTC policies in the early 90s (when LTC was super cheap) and is now a multi-million dollar investment broker. His expression was STP like TNT: See The People like There's No Tomorrow.

To this day, he won't let any lead or referral sit on a table. Its his obsession.

Not everyone needs to work like that or has the desire for such sacrifice, but of those wanting to work 40 hours (or less) they must ask themselves if they are really 'working.'
I work almost every day; I send emails, I look for new alternatives, I read about some products, I clean emails, I check the lead lists

"So many leads" could mean all those leads that come in that sit on the table because someone's afraid to call them.

I once sat with an FE agent to help him make calls. He had "so many leads" because he treated them like gold, as if he had to be in some special mood and special desk and special preparation to just call them.

It was really a situation of call reluctance.

Back