Is Anybody Making Real Money Out There?

I agree.

There's a few things on this thread:

1) Op hasn't been online since Sunday. He's probably gone for good. Based on this thread, he was rudderless and wanted confirmation that insurance is hard, but because no one wants to throw their money at him.

2) AC swears that the sky is falling for independent, small agents and people that have already built their book are about to drown because they don't push so hard.

There's some truth in adapting. For example, all of my marketing is pulling them to call or check out a specific page on my site that doesn't prompt them to fill out a quote form or any sales talk.

It's 100% about answering questions that I get.

Inbound marketing is about delivering above and beyond what they expect.

That's how I differentiate myself. They can learn about me, and get their answers before they even call.

Then everything is done over the phone. If a prospect wants an in person appointment, I direct them to a local agency that I've vetted and know does a great job.

I lose sales because of it and that's my choice. I'm more efficient and relaxed over the phone. I hate doing in person sales. I suck at cold calling. (And I mean that as never reaching the client before off a cold call list, not "I'm not calling this time because they didn't ask me to.")

My point, do what works for you. But don't pretend that activity X isn't your way it doesn't work.

Don't pretend that you can't be competitive online by mixing multiple marketing channels (mail, phone, email.)

Don't pretend big companies are just going to make the market zero.

All of that is nonsense.

Inbound marketing is about delivering above and beyond what they expect.
Hello!

I agree with you.

Using a soft sell technique does not mean that a salesperson is passive; instead, this technique is designed to push a product without coming off as pushy. (I do not like to pushy.)

Regarding my industry (life insurance), soft-sell advertising emphasizes the benefits of my services. I appeal to emotions and warm messages.

The most techniques that I use are Email, FaceBook, promote my Website.

I hear you saying the exact same shit as other professionals from past disruptions. This industry is ripe for technology disruption.

How do you guys find time for service when you're cold calling?

It is a mistake to compare yourselves to run if the mill call centers. Those will also be out of business as well.

The system of the future will require far fewer agents. Automated systems will be the drivers of production, rather than humans. The fact finding, educating, and enrollment process will be automated with agent assistance for that human expert touch where/when needed.

This type of system will have immensely better customer service than any individual can offer.

Mark my words kids.

If this were completely true, Policy Genius would have crushed us all a long time ago. Definitely some truth to what you're saying. Agents do need to adapt to technology.

However, some things in life will always require a small scale personal touch. Insurance is one of them.

Dont care how many carguru websites come out, there will be folks who will want to smell and touch their car before they buy it.

No matter how many things people can order from Amazon, their will always be folks who prefer to walk into a store and buy their product.

I appeal to the "touchy feely" folks. Policy Genius can keep those who simply want automation and think they know more about insurance than an insurance agent.

If this were completely true, Policy Genius would have crushed us all a long time ago. Definitely some truth to what you're saying. Agents do need to adapt to technology.

However, some things in life will always require a small scale personal touch. Insurance is one of them.

Dont care how many carguru websites come out, there will be folks who will want to smell and touch their car before they buy it.

No matter how many things people can order from Amazon, their will always be folks who prefer to walk into a store and buy their product.

I appeal to the "touchy feely" folks. Policy Genius can keep those who simply want automation and think they know more about insurance than an insurance agent.
Policy Genius buys leads from other agents...lol (as do several other similar companies).

Hello!

How a single independent insurance agent can compete with those “industry monsters”?

Thank you!

Look at Wells Fargo, BofA and Citibank. Plenty of people would prefer to work with small community banks, and those little banks are doing just fine.

Look at dealership repair shops. Plenty prefer the small indi shops.

Don't want to go to Olive Garden or Chili's? The small restaurants are doing just fine.

Ask me again how an independent operation can compete against industry monsters.

There’s no question there’s an issue going on with direct mail leads . I just did a 4K Medicare lead drop( I get these free in co-op money from my imo) and i got less than a 1% return . These were coming in with a 2% return the past yr . My friend uses Rgi and has been ordering 25 leads a week for a long time and has a very tough time getting 15 leads. Newby are you seeing any problems with Direct mail nationwide with RGI?

Look at Wells Fargo, BofA and Citibank. Plenty of people would prefer to work with small community banks, and those little banks are doing just fine.

Look at dealership repair shops. Plenty prefer the small indi shops.

Don't want to go to Olive Garden or Chili's? The small restaurants are doing just fine.

Ask me again how an independent operation can compete against industry monsters.
Thank you!

There’s no question there’s an issue going on with direct mail leads . I just did a 4K Medicare lead drop( I get these free in co-op money from my imo) and i got less than a 1% return . These were coming in with a 2% return the past yr . My friend uses Rgi and has been ordering 25 leads a week for a long time and has a very tough time getting 15 leads. Newby are you seeing any problems with Direct mail nationwide with RGI?

If you want @Newby to reply, at least tag @Newby so he klnows you asked him a question. I am sure @Newby doesn't read every post in every thread of every forum here. Do you, @Newby?

Back