Is Anybody Making Real Money Out There?

It's not.

Politics-

the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power

I'm not debating the policies of governance in conflict of parties in achieving power.

The Constitution is a document that governs the rights we have as citizens. Not the politics of the country.

Talking about abortion in response to those rights equally doesn't lend to politics, because it's not in the direction of our country's governmental system and the power struggle within.

Saying "That court full of conservatives is trying to push us to authoritarianism." Would be political. Describing when I believe right to life occurs is not.

NOW, I will agree that I've brushed up against political discourse when I've noted that uprooting established norms exacerbates us in an already tense situations but again.. not politics,just reading the room. Most of that has been in direct response to a question that I didn't interpret as trolling, so I'm okay with answering it.

Baiting someone isn't interacting with the in a debate format, but I can see where you're coming from.

As noted above, if you interpret my discussion as political...instead of debating what I believe to be true under our countries founding principles (which is not a discussion of power between political parties and their policies) then you have options.
:laugh::twitchy::laugh:

I have learned one is not supposed to go around TN asking where they can find a bootlegger. I expect the same wisdom probably applies to counterfeiters.:laugh:

All you need is a copy machine :). Not saying it'll be good, but it works to get caught faster. :D

I have learned one is not supposed to go around TN asking where they can find a bootlegger. I expect the same wisdom probably applies to counterfeiters.:laugh:
We don't have bootlegers in TN
A quart jug won't fit in the top of your boot. Here they haul it around in souped up cars. Everybody thinks they are Robert Mitchum in Thunder Road.

Actually the drug epidemic and the b fact that liquor is sold legaly in most of TN and the spread of craft distilleries throughoutbthe state have about destroyed the moonshine industry in TN

And you've got to watch out for those revenuers too!!
Oh, I got that lecture too.

After declining to buy a bible dictionary from me, one guy, for reasons I no longer remember started talking to me about cock fighting. His friend with us there in the farm yard got all worried and said something like "he might be IRS, or Treasury, or FBI, or something-no longer remember the agency of choice. Things got very cold for a moment, the guy looked over at me and said "Not if he knows what's good for him, he isn't". Then bon homme was restored and he continued with what he had been telling me.:D

We don't have bootlegers in TN
A quart jug won't fit in the top of your boot. Here they haul it around in souped up cars. Everybody thinks they are Robert Mitchum in Thunder Road.

Actually the drug epidemic and the b fact that liquor is sold legaly in most of TN and the spread of craft distilleries throughoutbthe state have about destroyed the moonshine industry in TN

NOW you tell me. (This might have been in VA in a different summer, but I like putting it in TN)
So, 45 years ago-give or take, up in the boonies around Johnson City, ole Lost Dollar pulls into a country store for gas and a snack.

----------------------------------
LD to storekeeper: Heard there was a still in the area.
Storekeeper to LD: Evil stare.
----------------------------------

What should have happened:
LD to storekeeper: "My good man, would you direct me to a quality craft distillery nearby?"
Storekeeper to LD: "Surely son, surely. That would be Bucky Taylor's. Take the road out there south across the bridge, turn left, go about 1/2 - 3/4 mile and pull into the yard of the two story brick with the roof on the east side burned off. Can't miss it.

"Tell Bucky, 'Skunk Johnson sent you for some of his craft beverages and particularly recommended the 1970 white in the green Mason jars'."

(but that would have been ruining the time continuum, or whatever it was they used to worry about on StarTrek.)

---------------------------------------------

Lost Dollar, didn't know what he didn't know!!!!!!!!!!!:D

fact that liquor is sold legaly in most of TN

First time I traveled to Maryland. I went to the local Safeway market to buy some groceries for the kids. I walked around that store several times before asking an employee where the beer and wine were. He said they do not sell it in grocery stores. Same thing at Costco and Sams Club. Liquor stores only. And liquor stores do not sell anything else. No chips, milk burritos, nothing. They do have some drive-through liquor stores though. That was a trip.

First time I traveled to Maryland. I went to the local Safeway market to buy some groceries for the kids. I walked around that store several times before asking an employee where the beer and wine were. He said they do not sell it in grocery stores. Same thing at Costco and Sams Club. Liquor stores only. And liquor stores do not sell anything else. No chips, milk burritos, nothing. They do have some drive-through liquor stores though. That was a trip.

Blue laws are what they used to be called down here in the South. Not sure why alcohol was associated with the color blue.

Around here, liquor has to be sold in a liquor store. No food allowed. Closes at 7pm, sharp, and they wont make an exception unless they know you and you have cash. At one time they couldnt even sell beer and wine. So some would actually have 2 stores side by side which were technically separate business entities. Now they are allowed to sell wine out of liquor stores but not beer.

No alcohol sales on Sunday.
That didnt change until about 18 or so years ago if I remember right. Then (now) it was only allowed in the city limits and not past 11pm. Its still banned in the county for sales on Sunday.... but they have annexed a ridiculous amount of area into the city for the sole purpose of selling alcohol on Sunday, LOL. And now it gets cut off at 12pm not 11. But if you are a "private club" then you could serve it 24/7, so lots of dive bars became private clubs that charged a $1 membership fee. Usually you could just tell them your a member and they wouldnt even check as long as you acted like you knew the place... Id just say hey to the oldest guy at the bar like I knew him and that usually worked.... that also worked well to avoid being carded before I was 21... LOL.

Then there was the "mini-bottle" law. Bars couldnt free pour, they had to use mini-bottles. Stupid since a mini-bottle is more liquor than a standard jig pour. And it made certain mixed drinks like a LIIT or top shelf margarita very expensive. They changed that law about 16 or 17 years ago.

Then there were the dry counties and cities. Still around actually in some of the small town backwoods sticks parts of the state.

Go to Louisiana and they have drive through daiquiri stands that sell "to go" liquor drinks. THAT was crazy to me. Of course the dui rate down there is pretty high compared to other states.

Back