Is Chrome Really Faster? Does It Work Well with Carrier Sites?

Re: Is Chrome Really Faster? Does It Work Well with Carrier Sites

firefox sucks ur system resources dry :(

chrome is great, it's the best and for bookmarks, I just use google bookmarks, they are always saved....doesnt matter which browser I use, and there's a chrome extension for google bookmarks too :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@ Al
I'm familiar with the incognito feature. I am concerned with viruses and my computer just slowing down or someone taking my computer and seeing any 'riskay' stuff. Like a client screwing around with it while I'm away from it.

set up a guest user profile on ur laptop when others will have access to it.

Last edited:

Chrome is my first choice also. IE is the back up for sites that do not like chrome. Such as Cincinnati Life.

I do not like the book marks either.

I like that Google computer! That whole concept of 'cloud' technology is impressive. Just when you think they have thought of it all, this kind of stuff comes out!

We all use Chrome in our office; check out the IE Tab extension for rendering certain carrier pages in IE.

Get the extension for chrome here:
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hehijbfgiekmjfkfjpbkbammjbdenadd

Then you setup the list of sites you need to render in IE; whenever you browse to those domains in the future, it will automagically use the IE engine.

Get the extension for chrome here:
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hehijbfgiekmjfkfjpbkbammjbdenadd

Then you setup the list of sites you need to render in IE; whenever you browse to those domains in the future, it will automagically use the IE engine.

Thanks, I know that the Cincinnati site is IE only.

For example, I used to store all of my documents/spreadsheets, etc...on my desktop. Now they're all stored on box.net.

Yes..modest fee however I can access them anywhere. All of my photos are also stored online.

You could build a web computer like that now, with a decent slim form pc and a ssd harddrive running any OS (imo linux would be the way to go). Boot speed would be around 15-20 seconds max with the slowest operating system. Whole box could be assembled for 400 bucks or less, most expensive part would be the ssd.

-----

I started messing with picasa.com the other day to do that with all my photos. It's free (don't know what amt of storage is free) and it has some neat tools built into it. Like you can take a directory, set it to be a slideshow presentation, then link that into a website as an object (wc3 compliant way) or copy their embed code. Now you have a sideshow of photos on a website that you can add to, subtract from, or change from picasa without ever having to modify it on the website again.

For an example of what I mean About Life Planning TN

Now my iphone is set up to route pictures directly to picasa via an application, then I can put them into things like that with basically no work.

There are things out there that allow you to do all sorts of neat things that are user friendly and easy to do.

Back