• Yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Focus LTC

Guru
1000 Post Club
Does anyone here think any carriers would take a chance on this guy?

Is so, how would he be rated?

I think most carriers would turn down the business...

Does anyone here think any carriers would take a chance on this guy?

Is so, how would he be rated?

I think most carriers would turn down the business...

If he applied say using a first initial and middle name maybe it would sneak through. He needs to change his name or something.

He would be subject to the underwriting everyone goes through. The only problem I see is his recent weight gain. I don't think this case would have any bearing on his insurability.

He would be subject to the underwriting everyone goes through. The only problem I see is his recent weight gain. I don't think this case would have any bearing on his insurability.

Yes, he has gained a lot weight.

Are you claiming that he poses the same risk level as the average Joe with the same age and health?

The threats to Zimmerman's life are very real. So real in fact that he is currently living in hiding. He is a bigger risk than the average Joe...

A prudent insurer would turn down the business...

The fact that he has been recieving death threats would no bearing on underwriting for life insurance? I know its not in the underwriting guide.

Under a million dollars I do not think it would be that big a deal. Under $500,000.00 it should be cake. Over a million you are going to have to deal with inspection reports with some companies but most will star at 5 million.

Last edited:
Wow...so a legit question here. Say my life was threatened and based on that threat I got life insurance. Weeks later they made good on the threat and I was killed. Somehow the carrier finds out about the threat made on my life before I submitted the app.

Can they deny the claim?

Wow...so a legit question here. Say my life was threatened and based on that threat I got life insurance. Weeks later they made good on the threat and I was killed. Somehow the carrier finds out about the threat made on my life before I submitted the app.

Can they deny the claim?

If its still under contestability they can investigate it.

This is from LFG:

"During the 2 year contestability period described in the
policy, a claim may be denied if the application contains false statements or misrepresentations or fails to disclose material facts. In such a case, the policy could be void and coverage could be lost."

So it comes down to the questions on the app:

The only thing on LFGs app I can find that they could possibly contest is this:

"Any person who, knowingly and with intent to defraud any insurance company or other person, files an application for insurance or statement of claim containing materially false information or conceals for the purpose of misleading, information concerning any fact material thereto commits a fraudulent insurance act which is a crime and subjects such person to criminal and civil penalties"

If they wanted to they could possibly press the fact that his death threats were "a material fact" that he did not disclose. I think it would be a long shot though.

They would probably have better luck trying to find a misleading answer to a health question or something.

But very very few life policies are investigated, much less contested.

Back