Is George Zimmerman Insurable?

Is George Zimmerman Insureable?

• Yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
If they knew it was him I'm sure they wouldn't take him. They just don't need the risk.
but At this point I'm sure he's got plenty of insurance.

If they wanted to they could possibly press the fact that his death threats were "a material fact" that he did not disclose. I think it would be a long shot though.

d.

A long shot? BS.

Receiving death threats that the insured takes seriously enough to alter his lifestyle is certainly a material fact by any definition. Failure to disclose that would be fraud. Claims wouldn't paid, and the insurance company would prevail in court. It wouldn't even go to trial. The ins co would win in summery judgement.

Here is a better question...

If George Zimmerman called you tomorrow for coverage and he willfully disclosed the details of his death threats, would you not disclose that to the ins co "because it's not on the application?"

Do not remember the exact wording. Something like morals something or other. First year in the business. I was nervous as hell going back to ask him about it. $5,000.00ap and I hardly had gas money.

All I know is that he had been arrested for "abusing" his stepdaughter. Said his lawyer fixed it. He hardly blinked at the premium.

Made all future rated cases much easier to deal with.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A long shot? BS.

Receiving death threats that the insured takes seriously enough to alter his lifestyle is certainly a material fact by any definition. Failure to disclose that would be fraud. Claims wouldn't paid, and the insurance company would prevail in court. It wouldn't even go to trial. The ins co would win in summery judgement.

Here is a better question...

If George Zimmerman called you tomorrow for coverage and he willfully disclosed the details of his death threats, would you not disclose that to the ins co "because it's not on the application?"

I would take this deal. I would disclose anything I needed to.

Last edited:
great. Do you feel like you would need to disclose the details surrounding the death threats Mr. Zimmerman received?

Maybe. I would have shopped it long before I ever submitted it. I probably would have looked at Si.

If you're prospect had cancer 6 years ago but the life app ask about 5 years ago do you call the underwriter and tell him?

Maybe. I would have shopped it long before I ever submitted it. I probably would have looked at Si.

If you're prospect had cancer 6 years ago but the life app ask about 5 years ago do you call the underwriter and tell him?

No. If you are asked a specific question on the application, you answer that truthfully. The insurance company can not make an argument that cancer 6yrs ago is a material fact that you didn't disclose when their application asks specifically for 5. Both your ass and the insurd's ass is covered.

Receiving legitimate death threats isn't on the application, but it is impossible to argue that that is not a material fact in a life insurance application. The insurance company could charge fraud and easily win.

How can you make a case to defend yourself? "...but your honor, that question wasn't on the application..." isn't going to fly.

Your EandO could claim fraud and not cover you...

Back