Is George Zimmerman Insurable?

Is George Zimmerman Insureable?

• Yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
Let's not ignore this, the guy will have to do some type of income verification on any big ticket. If he's been supported by friends and family, he can't use income as the basis for why he's worth more than the norm. If you ask for a death benefit of five million, they're going to want to know why an unemployed individual is worth that much.

Let's not ignore this, the guy will have to do some type of income verification on any big ticket. If he's been supported by friends and family, he can't use income as the basis for why he's worth more than the norm. If you ask for a death benefit of five million, they're going to want to know why an unemployed individual is worth that much.

The OP did not specify an amount so a $25,000 SIWL or even a $10K GI works.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Besides at his age he could go to say$200,000-250,000 with no income verification at all.

Last edited:
A long shot? BS.

Receiving death threats that the insured takes seriously enough to alter his lifestyle is certainly a material fact by any definition. Failure to disclose that would be fraud. Claims wouldn't paid, and the insurance company would prevail in court. It wouldn't even go to trial. The ins co would win in summery judgement.

Its a long shot because the app (at least the one I quoted) does not ask about any "other information relevant to underwriting".

Also, the phrase from the app that I quoted was a "state disclosure" that applied only to AR, DC, KY, ME, NM, OH and PA Only.

The other state disclosure is more interesting:
"All jurisdictions except AR, AZ, CT, DC, FL, KS, KY, LA, ME, MN, NJ, NM, OH, OK, PA, TX, VA and WA. Any person who, with intent to defraud or knowing that he/she is facilitating fraud against an insurer, submits an application or files a claim containing a false or deceptive statement is guilty of insurance fraud."

I have seen apps that ask a general question to the extent of "is there any other relevant info pertaining to this policy". But not all carriers ask that.

Also, this is very state specific. So there is not one right or wrong answer here. It depends on the state and on the carrier.

Here is a better question...

If George Zimmerman called you tomorrow for coverage and he willfully disclosed the details of his death threats, would you not disclose that to the ins co "because it's not on the application?"

Discussing Placement of a new policy is totally different than discussing Contestability of an existing one.

Would I disclose serious death threats? Of course. But that has nothing to do with the question I responded to.

You are assuming that during this hypothetical purchase that he disclosed this to the agent... or even used an agent...

Like everything else, IT JUST DEPENDS.

Last edited:
No. If you are asked a specific question on the application, you answer that truthfully. The insurance company can not make an argument that cancer 6yrs ago is a material fact that you didn't disclose when their application asks specifically for 5. Both your ass and the insurd's ass is covered.

Receiving legitimate death threats isn't on the application, but it is impossible to argue that that is not a material fact in a life insurance application. The insurance company could charge fraud and easily win.

How can you make a case to defend yourself? "...but your honor, that question wasn't on the application..." isn't going to fly.

Your EandO could claim fraud and not cover you...

I think you could defend it unless you knew of some legitimate death threats and how would you? OJ had death threats and he's still alive. The whore that killed her baby, Casey I think, she had death treats and is still around. I think you could argue death treats from a very public case are very common but not followed through on or taken all that serious by law enforcement.
Probably wouldn't be any problems on a second to die policy.

I think that was a question on the CE class I just took. ha

Last edited:
I think you could defend it unless you knew of some legitimate death threats and how would you?

You read the black panther weekly......

934617_10151583978741700_344193229_n.jpg

I think you could defend it unless you knew of some legitimate death threats and how would you? OJ had death threats and he's still alive. The whore that killed her baby, Casey I think, she had death treats and is still around. I think you could argue death treats from a very public case are very common but not followed through on or taken all that serious by law enforcement.

I think that was a question on the CE class I just took. ha

Perceived risk is what makes people by policies. If you were a union boss, a mobster, a window washer, a construction worker, or even a late night 7-11 cashier, most likely you would be more likely to be interested in life insurance. Death threats go on every day. No cop, district attorney or judge could ever get life insurance if death threats were an issue. So Zimmerman is safe to get life insurance.

Perceived risk is what makes people by policies. If you were a union boss, a mobster, a window washer, a construction worker, or even a late night 7-11 cashier, most likely you would be more likely to be interested in life insurance. Death threats go on every day. No cop, district attorney or judge could ever get life insurance if death threats were an issue. So Zimmerman is safe to get life insurance.

That's fine.

Should he get rated up like those with dangerous professions often do?

That's fine.

Should he get rated up like those with dangerous professions often do?

That's the whole issue really. There are few if any additional charges for those professions. Do you see a rate up for cops? Do you see a rate up for union boss? How about a rate up for construction worker? And if it is listed its usually its an exclusion and not a rate up, so there is no negotiating.

Back