Is My Script Alright? Please Help :S

"Hi Bob? This is Jessica Lastname; you won't recognize the name because I'm just cold-calling off a list, and I hate making these calls as much as you hate getting them. Would it be OK if I take 30 seconds to tell you why I'm calling and then you can decide if you want to hang up on me? (The vast majority will laugh and say "Go ahead.")

If they say no then you say: "OK, that's the end of the sales call. Before I hang up can I ask you one quick marketing question? When was the last time you had your life insurance reviewed by a professional agent?"

Go from there.

That's what I call "giving good phone". :) Adding humor is always a plus.

That honesty sure is refreshing. I bet it is to the recipient of the call, too.

"Hi Bob? This is Jessica Lastname; you won't recognize the name because I'm just cold-calling off a list, and I hate making these calls as much as you hate getting them. Would it be OK if I take 30 seconds to tell you why I'm calling and then you can decide if you want to hang up on me? (The vast majority will laugh and say "Go ahead.")

"I'm a life insurance agent in your town and a lot of our clients used to be worried about not having the right amount of coverage, if any; some were confused about what was the right coverage for them, and others were just paying too darn much for what they had. Are any of these a concern for you?

If they say no then you say: "OK, that's the end of the sales call. Before I hang up can I ask you one quick marketing question? When was the last time you had your life insurance reviewed by a professional agent?"

Go from there.

Jess you said the magic words to get help from these guys- "I'm a young female," otherwise they would have ignored your post, or started a stupid thread about what they like to eat.

What works for me is just talk to them like they're human beings. How're you doin? (Let them answer) Here's a Health Script but just adapt it for life (first part's broad format 2nd parts the better outline):

NEEDS BASED HEALTH INSURANCE ASSESSMENT​

1) Who I am...
2) Why I’m Calling
3) What’s in it for them
GREETING
INTRO (refer to script)- I received your information from the internet (or wherever)
What’s going on with their health coverage?
When do you need your new coverage to start?
Who are you with?
How long has it been since you had health coverage?
Remember sticker shock and urgency- 63 days (American COBRA/HIPPA laws)
II.) IF THEY HAVE HEALTH COVERAGE-
What do you like about it? What would you change?
If you could build your own plan what would you include?
What did you have in mind- similar coverage with lower premiums?
Lower Dr. Copays? What kind of deductible would you consider? Dr. or Hospital preference?
III.) Who all needs to be covered???
GET FIRST AND LAST NAMES- GENDER- AGES (or BIRTHDAYS) TOBACCO

ZIP CODE? COUNTY? ALTERNATE PHONE? EMAIL
IV.) Medical History!!!
Is anyone taking any prescriptions on a regular basis? Who?
What? Hospital last 10 years? Major Illnesses?

HEALTH SCRIPT (OPENING AND CLOSING)​

Hi John this is Bob with WHOMEVER.
INTRO- I received your info from the internet and I noticed you were looking for health insurance. Do you have a minute?

The reason for my call is just to find out more about your particular situation so I can best help you….
Can you tell me what’s going on with your health coverage right now???
(MOVE TO ASSESSMENT SHEET)

END and CLOSE
I am an independent broker and I work with ALL of the major carriers in the state-
I’ll take this information and shop the market for your best options based on premium, coverage and your needs. I’ll take the first three best options and call you back-
ARE YOU ONLINE RIGHT NOW? (Desktop sharing)
If not or reticent then go to:
When would be good time to call you back, (IF LOCAL)- or if you’d rather I can come by with the info and explain it in person?
Date? Time?

One Call Close GET THEM ONLINE and SHOW THEM YOUR WEBSITE, OR A BROCHURE hit their hot buttons from the needs assessment. Ask for their BUSINESS!

Last edited:
Thank you for everyone's help, I have stopped cold calling now, I have made posters and have got allot of people coming to me from them, and getting leads from them too, so hopefully I never have to cold call people again and they can keep calling me (:
Sorry for the long time to get on here, I have just been sooo busy

Not really.... consider this, I was the football coach, class advisor, yearbook advisor, newspaper advisor, and hold your breath: the table tennis coach. I also gave up my free period to do extra lunch duty, and I did paid administrative (read discipline) work during my lunch hour. In other words I worked all day. Imagine that. When they did not hire me "because I was too young" (they were able to say that back then) although I had all the degrees, experience, and by their own admission was the right guy to be the new assistant principal, I resigned on the spot, finished the two months left in the shcol year and entered the finanical services world.

They did you a favor and they lost a great person. By the way OCS is tremendous.

I just put ages e.g I'm targeting 20 year olds to 50 year olds because its so cheap for a 20 year old to get insurance and in New Zealand a large percentage of men aged around 45 do not have any life/major illness/medical insurance at all.
I worked out how much it would be for $1 a day life cover for everyone based on a non smoker e.g 20 year old male could get 275,000 life cover for $7 a week, but make it like a list.
(If you get what I mean) then just put it at local dairys, supermarkets, fish and chip shops, kindergartens etc and put little rip off tags with my name and number on them and a little explanation of what life cover is e.g Having life cover provides a lump sum payout if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness or in the event of your death

Back