Is sales a talent?

Yes - I'm saying there's an X factor - something innate and unteachable - and ability to connect - the gift of gab - whatever you want to call it.

Yes. Time and time again, it's been shown that the top performing salespeople have an almost innate ability to connect with all kinds of people, very quickly. Very similar to seduction.

Is it coachable? Not sure...

I guess while you're practicing it, I've mastered it. Therein lies the difference.
:cool:

I think the most important part of being successful in sales comes from having a healthy, positive self-esteem. If you are comfortable with yourself, you can make others comfortable. You can also risk failing, fail, and then start over again. Someone without a healthy self esteem will get side tracked after failing and not taking anymore risks. Also, someone with a positive self esteem will expect certain results and do everything in their power to reach them.

Yes. Time and time again, it's been shown that the top performing salespeople have an almost innate ability to connect with all kinds of people, very quickly. Very similar to seduction.

Is it coachable? Not sure...

These guys think so....Don Juan Discussion Forum - Powered by vBulletin

But even they will tell you to improve yourself. Motivation can overcome a lot of obstacles, but clearly some of us start with an advantage, be it brains, looks, money or a healthy self-esteem.

I think the most important part of being successful in sales comes from having a healthy, positive self-esteem. If you are comfortable with yourself, you can make others comfortable. You can also risk failing, fail, and then start over again. Someone without a healthy self esteem will get side tracked after failing and not taking anymore risks. Also, someone with a positive self esteem will expect certain results and do everything in their power to reach them.

I have great story, my niece was an A student in high school, her first year of college, I asked her if she was nervous about her finals. She said no, I studied, I'm prepared.

Is preparation and studying possibly linked to her level of confidence?

Self-fulfilling prophecy:

You feel like you're probably not gonna make it
Why study hard - probably will end up being a waste of time
Leads? Let's just test the waters - buy a few

Wow...I'm failing. I knew better than to really put myself into this. Whew...really dodged that bullet.

Back