Is sales a talent?

Self-fulfilling prophecy:

You feel like you're probably not gonna make it
Why study hard - probably will end up being a waste of time
Leads? Let's just test the waters - buy a few

Wow...I'm failing. I knew better than to really put myself into this. Whew...really dodged that bullet.

Well put, they make sure they have an excuse as to why they fail, so they don't have to blame themselves.

Sad way to live, all the poor sheeple.

Well put, they make sure they have an excuse as to why they fail, so they don't have to blame themselves.

Sad way to live, all the poor sheeple.

Yes...just spend 2 hours a day working to sell health insurance. When you fail then you're damned glad you didn't commit a full day.

The real opportunity for success
lies within the person and not in the job.

Zig Ziglar

One can be taught, and learn, sales skills, a script, "tricks of the trade", etc. but I believe either you have it or you don't.

Bill Porter never had any training, had numerous strikes against him, yet he earned many awards as a top salesman for Watkins.

I admire someone like that.

If you have never read his story, or watched the movie about his life, you should take some time this weekend to do so.

It might just change your perspective on life and the sales profession.

One can be taught, and learn, sales skills, a script, "tricks of the trade", etc. but I believe either you have it or you don't.

Bill Porter never had any training, had numerous strikes against him, yet he earned many awards as a top salesman for Watkins.

If you have never read his story, or watched the movie about his life, you should take some time this weekend to do so.

This says a lot:

About Bill Porter:

[FONT=times,serif] "I have cerebral palsy. The "world" told me I could never earn an income, my mother told me I could, and my father told me I must! And so I have, and still do.

[/FONT][FONT=times,serif]For many years I walked door to door, knocked, showed people pictures of a few Watkins products, took orders, then obtained the products and had them delivered."

Didn't I mention desire before. He also worked with no excuses, and had a good product, obviously, so to me that's a sales pro.

I was waiting all day for you Somarco!!
[/FONT]

Where can I get a movie on him?

Is that the William Macy movie?

It's all coming back to me . . .

I never saw it, blasphemy.

:embarrassed:

Back