Is the old school way of insurance sales- gone forever?

With the threats of violence or death for driving up the wrong driveway, no thanks. No door knocking for me. Don't want to be shot through the door either. A friend just lost his 26 year old son...shot in the head while he sat inside a friend's home. The shooter was a random bypasser who decided to shoot for no reason. Yes, it was in a "good neighborhood". I meet customers for in-person appointments in a public setting otherwise it's phone or online appointments. Flexibility is key.

It takes some balls to get out there and hit doors. There is a a huge reduction of masculinity in the younger generation. Combine that with lack of a strong work ethic,sitting at a monitor all day in shorts wearing a pair of Crocs,eating hot pockets is a better way to spend the day.

With the threats of violence or death for driving up the wrong driveway, no thanks. No door knocking for me. Don't want to be shot through the door either. A friend just lost his 26 year old son...shot in the head while he sat inside a friend's home. The shooter was a random bypasser who decided to shoot for no reason. Yes, it was in a "good neighborhood". I meet customers for in-person appointments in a public setting otherwise it's phone or online appointments. Flexibility is key.

lol lol . I bet I’ve knocked 8-10 k doors . I can count on 1 hand how many times I’ve been threatened . But I understand knocking’s not made for everyone . My friend always says “ I’m amazed you’ve never been shot “ . If I run into the hood and I see 10 young people smoking dope I won’t knock right then . But 90% of my knocks pretty rural .

lol lol . I bet I’ve knocked 8-10 k doors . I can count on 1 hand how many times I’ve been threatened . But I understand knocking’s not made for everyone . My friend always says “ I’m amazed you’ve never been shot “ . If I run into the hood and I see 10 young people smoking dope I won’t knock right then . But 90% of my knocks pretty rural .
More likely to be bitten by a dog than anything else.

Love knocking doors.

Best part is meeting the creature who opens the door.

Does that include that time with Duford?

One of the beauties of this business is doing it the way we choose.

Almost every time I've had a gun pulled, it was rural. But that's just how they answered the door to any stranger.

The only time I felt like someone was actually going to shoot me was in a nice suburban neighborhood. The guy was early 60s and had a newer Corvette in his garage; no idea why he sent in an FE lead.

We had an appointment, he tried to cancel, and I showed up anyway. When I pulled up, he ran inside his house and ran back out aiming a pistol at me. I was parked in the street in front of his house, and he kept daring me to set foot on his property. I told him to f*ck off and got out of there.

Nut jobs are not exclusively younger thugs

Last edited:
Back