• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Is the old school way of insurance sales- gone forever?

H
All I hear is talk about money……Hey Don,ask some of the IMO’s,middlemen who post here to post their contract levels,what they receive from carriers.

You believe what they say here,right?

lol
Scott will tell you most contracts pay 150% . A few might pay 155% . Example is Aflac . Street is 113% . Somebody told me to get over 118% you had to have downline . I got 130% easy . I know a guy who’s yet to contract anyone that got 142% . But I need to say I have relationships with my fmo’s were I do a ton of Medicare and other things . But there are IMO’s that will give those 130% contracts upfront and not mess with you for production . Again since I need nothing from fmo I focus on comp . Some people need things and accept the 110-120 and are happy with that . That said I notice a lot of telesales outfits starting agents out at 100-110% . Most aren’t giving 120% up front . To each his own

Do you noticed the IMO’s and agents in the telesales marketplace only talk numbers ? How much? Volume….etc…

How come they never talk about the mission of helping clients find a suitable product that’s affordable?

What can a telesales agent learn about a client,the beneficiary,the client’s overall situation over a telephone?

Do you really think the business is done the right way without meeting the client,performing a professionally risk assessment?

Never talk about the mission of helping clients? Here's one video on Mission Driven Life Insurance Telesales. It's central to our training and many legit telesales agencies.

We learn just as much as a F2F agent about their overall situation. The discovery and situational questions are core to a telesales presentation before making a recommendation. To imply otherwise is ignorant. We care just as much as you do.

We're not all quote dealers out there dealing overpriced, laced FE quotes on our virtual corners and hoping a senior needs their fix like many make it out to be.

Never talk about the mission of helping clients? Here's one video on Mission Driven Life Insurance Telesales. It's central to our training and many legit telesales agencies.

We learn just as much as a F2F agent about their overall situation. The discovery and situational questions are core to a telesales presentation before making a recommendation. To imply otherwise is ignorant. We care just as much as you do.

We're not all quote dealers out there dealing overpriced, laced FE quotes on our virtual corners and hoping a senior needs their fix like many make it out to be.
What's average placement look like for you guys?

Placement defined as they make the first payment--i.e. no cancellation or NSF.

Thanks.

This.

I do a lot of virtual sales and that is necessary as some of my clients are hundreds of miles away. BUT if it is a new client and a complicated product, I insist that we meet at least once face to face if it is at all practical. It increases trust and longevity and is in the client's best interests as I can give them an overview of the product and answer questions that would otherwise not be asked.

I've been selling insurance for 24 years and during that time there have been plenty of supposed killers of the business (in particular the real old side of home service). Whether it was the internet, over the phone, through the mail, or only on payroll deduction. Things change with time, but there is still a huge opportunity for those that want to take it. The WSJ wrote and article a few years ago that I thought was applicable to this discussion. Bassically you can see that as less insurance agents are there to do what we do more people are uninsured or underinsured?

As Jesus said, the field is white with the harvest but the laborers are few.

Methods are many and they change, but principles are few and they don't. Times and technology can distract us from knowing that people have always been our greatest resource.

Not @JRoot But I like rootbeer.

My placement and persistency, is better now, at 90+% phone, than it was when I started F2F only. A big part of that may be experience and choosing my clients.
Feels like, for me, I'd have to weed out roughly 30% of the people I talk to if I went with choosing my clients.

Not opposed to it, but curious if there's a better way to obtain leads to begin with.

Telesales specifically.

Back