Is there really any affordable life insurance for senior citizens?

What state you’re in and if it would be face to face or remote sales would have a lot to do with what people are offering.

Yes, we are both retired (I am disabled, but past the age of 62, (65). I am not sure what you mean by "what happens to that income?", other than it would be decreased by 50%. Neither of us smoke, and we are both in good health,

Start with the guy who does your home and auto insurance and see if he sells life insurance through his office. If he does, at least you'll get some options and prices and you can go from there.

Yes, we are both retired (I am disabled, but past the age of 62, (65). I am not sure what you mean by "what happens to that income?", other than it would be decreased by 50%. Neither of us smoke, and we are both in good health,

Are both pension incomes about the same?

For example, if you were receiving $24,000 per year, and your wife was receiving $24,000 per year, the total would be $48,000 per year. If one of you die, the survivor would have their income drop to $24,000 + (50% of $24,000). I think you will find that the survivor might actually be financially ahead, if those were the numbers.

Do you have any assets? Do you have a home? Do you have any debts?

It sounds like you want enough funds to take care of the final expenses of the spouse who dies first. What do you imagine that to be? Have you considered talking to a funeral home about pre-planning a funeral in order to control those costs?

Last edited:
Back