Is this a Fair Contract?

A wise man once told me you always want the agents to have at least some skin in the game. I'd ignore the "free" leads option and just go with the 12.50 per lead.

My thought thus far is 100%

0-1 application per week, lead cost 12.50
2 applications per week, lead cost 11.50
3 applications per week, lead cost 10.50
4 applications per week, lead cost 9.50
5+ applications per week, lead cost $8

My recommendation will be 30 leads at least every 10 days, based on experience this "should" net them 4+ sales per week. F2F.

A not so subtle recruiting effort by someone who has had agents and developed telemarketed leads for several years. Seems to fit better in the offers section.
Do a search on Mr Sipple

A not so subtle recruiting effort by someone who has had agents and developed telemarketed leads for several years. Seems to fit better in the offers section.
Do a search on Mr Sipple

I am actually asking for advise. It amazing how if you ask advise it is immediately assumed your recruiting. I don't even have this in place to recruit so I would be attempting to recruit (according to you) extremely pre maturely, but hey someone had to go negative, and your the winner. I am asking to determine if I want to recruit independent agents someday, but that is the point of the forum is to ask and then make a logical and educated decision based on others experience. When and if i choose to recruit independent agents, you can be assured it won't be on the forum, I personally don't think using the forum to recruit is an affective use of my time. Yes I have captive agents, yes I have telemarketer leads, I've never tried to hide that, in one of the threads I even explained my costs and how I get them, not sure what the big deal is, and please search my name, I don't hide behind a screen name, I own what I say and what I write. If you have specific question please ask the man, don't throw some negative comment like go search his name, which implies I'm some bad guy or something, you have a question about what you have read then ask me directly. It's the insurance business not brain surgery. :)

Last edited:
My thought thus far is 100%

0-1 application per week, lead cost 12.50
2 applications per week, lead cost 11.50
3 applications per week, lead cost 10.50
4 applications per week, lead cost 9.50
5+ applications per week, lead cost $8

My recommendation will be 30 leads at least every 10 days, based on experience this "should" net them 4+ sales per week. F2F.

Sounds very reasonable. Wouldn't it create an accounting nightmare? I just give mine away. If they aren't worked right, I do it myself, or pass them off. The agents at higher levels pay for their own. So what you are offering is support, leads, and 100% (I assume for the products that offer more than that) contract on top? Sounds good. Where do I sign? I want the free leads:yes:

It is hard to find people with a license and experience, let alone find someone willing to pay a lot up front for leads. If they are any good, give them away.
Offer a 3 tier plan:
1)100%,office, and buy their own leads
2) cover everything including leads (that you control) at 80%
3) Supervised appointments, leads, mentoring, etc. 60% (for newly licensed)

Move the 60 to 70 or even 80 as soon as they can stand on their own closing. Good production numbers happen around here in 60-90 days depending on product and experience. Then give 100-110 to keep them from leaving (1 to several years out). You will find when most of their success comes from your leads, those agents will stick with you.

You don't have to go captive either,they may broker on the side but quickly realize what a headache it can be. Most agents just want to make good money and a FAIR deal.;)

Back