Is this ethical or legal?

Re: Is this ethical ir legal?

Put me on the phone, let me HEAR the responses, FEEL what it's like to not get the response you like, and TOUCH (write) the notes I'm making to prevent it from happening again.

There is nothing more arrogant, more self-serving, more demonstrative, more relationship-killing than saying to someone, "Here, watch me do it, and learn."

Love this post!! I agree, they have to do it, acclimate to it and make it their own. I believe in practicing to familiarize yourself with new ideas and concepts but you have to get in the line of fire.

I had a guy call in upset a few weeks ago claiming I left information on his voice mail about his wifes herpes waiver.

He was not even one of my clients.

Someone in my office did leave a voice mail - but they did not apply with us.

I finally told the guy "How would I know about your wifes Herpes if you are not my clients? Besides I just met your wife..."

OK I threw in the last line - but what happened is he heard two voice mails and mixed us up with the brilliant agent they bought from who left information about his wifes herpes on a voice mail. Real bright.

Obviously I know better than to do something that stupid.

Maybe this guy just calls people that he thinks are messing around with his wife, and has that convo with them...

Seems as though her phone has stopped ringing... :D

As to the *** who really did leave the msg on their vm, that is our competition, it seems.

I'll have to dig it up but I read a lawsuit where a doctor was suing his agent. The agent apparently faxed a rider for medical condition but his secretary got the fax.

I'll have to dig it up but I read a lawsuit where a doctor was suing his agent. The agent apparently faxed a rider for medical condition but his secretary got the fax.

Again, not the brightest bulb on the christmas tree to be faxing sensitive health info to an office fax machine that can be accessed by others.

The *** deserves what he gets.

I don't see a problem as long as you do the warning. If it is one agent listening, there's no harm. An agent will lose his license for blabbing.

When I started selling cars, I would listen in on the experienced salesmen as much as possible.

Selling is a simple process if you know the basics. Qualify, present and close.

I would think as long as you ask permission before going into the conversation you'd be fine. I'm recorded everytime I call on securities issues for clients.. no big deal as it's all upfront.

Whether it's required for insurance purposes or not, it is good business practice.

Let's play devil's advocate:

A call is live with 50 other agents listening

Bob Smith answers - discloses that he has genital warts. A agent listening knows Bob and spreads around the community that Bob has genital warts.

It gets back to Bob who the agent is who's been spreading the information and confronts him - agent states that he heard about his condition while 50 other agents were all on a call.

Lawsuit?

Bob has genital warts!? Which Bob..?

Big Mistake #7:
Having those that need to be "doing" doing the "listening".

The more senses you get involved, the more ingrained the information becomes. Now, I can stand behind you, and watch you and listen to you all day. Know what I've learned?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHIN'!

Put me on the phone, let me HEAR the responses, FEEL what it's like to not get the response you like, and TOUCH (write) the notes I'm making to prevent it from happening again.

There is nothing more arrogant, more self-serving, more demonstrative, more relationship-killing than saying to someone, "Here, watch me do it, and learn."

When I starTed with Berkshire Life many years ago, I would have the GA listen to me, while standing in the door of my office. The other agents, who had offices next to me would come in and offer advice, once the call was through, based on what they heard me say. They would ask what the other party said, and I would look at my notes (writing it ingrains it), and repeat it to them. Then they would offer recommendations.

As for the lawsuit, anyone who hires someone, and does not do a thorough background check, DESERVES that. When I applied with Berkshire, I had to tell them who my father and mother were, what synagogue we belonged to, how long my family had been in Atlanta, how many people my dad knew, how many people I knew. Who my wife was, what she did for a living, what my father and mother in law did for a living. Where my sibling lived, who she was married to, what position he held, where I went to school, what my grades were, my favorite subject, my least favorite subject, how many people I kept in contact with still, how often I see the doctor, how often I've been hospitalized, what kind of car I drive, when I plan on purchasing a new car, why we were renting and not owning, when do we plan on buying a house, and where we plan on living, do we plan on sending our kids to public or private schools, when's the last time I bounced a check, and how much it was for, how often I go out to eat, what TV shows we watch, where we take our vacations.

After divulging that much information, do you really think I'd go and blab on someone else?
:no:

DONE IT MYSELF!

Bob, it sounds to me as if you were applying to the CIA, except you did not mention a polygraph test!:shocked:

The calls are made to internet lead prospects, and initially in the call when the prospect has agreed to proceed with the call, the caller says, "I need to inform you that this call may be monitored or recorded for training purposes", and goes on.
....The agency's legal counsel has blessed the practice as long as the statement is read. Never been a hitch to my knowledge.

In Pennsylvania it is illegal to tape a telephone conversation without the knowledge of the other party. Even if it not taped, but just "broadcast" for to other agents to hear (viz., speakerphone), it behooves the caller to make the statement alluded to by SportsNut----HIPAA rules notwithstanding.

Back