Is this guy over dressed?

giphy.gif

That's why you sit your arse on the end of the cushion. Preferably the one that doesn't sink too deep or feel uncomfortably damp.

Worst thing about a pee-stained cushion is when you realize your prospect doesn't own a pet...

oh yea, I will end up having back issues from curling into almost a fetal type position.

I was the first one in my company that dared to not work in a tie in the summer. My wife pointed out that an open collar looks much better than a sweat soaked tie! But this was an old school captive company, so I got a little flak for it from my manager. After some discussion, he conceded that it would be ok to dress that way on Friday, as long as the shirt had the company logo. By about a month in, he conceded that it would be fine everyday for the summer months. Fast forward a few years and it's now strange to see an agent in a tie, ever!

I dressed that way for many years, and it was great. The last couple of years, though, as I've gotten older, I've noticed that I get a better response the better I dress. I've got more of a belly, and grayer hair (and less of it!). The khaki/polo thing doesn't work as well for me. So, more recently I've gone to nicer slacks with button down starched shirt for spring & fall, adding tie & jacket in the winter. Summer I'll still be wearing a white polo shirt, though. Texas heat is a real thing!

Again, I'm new, so you can just chalk this up to the fact that I just don't know any better, but I wear a white dress shirt and tie, khakis, and, for the winter, a nice pair of hiking-style boots. You see, I quit selling cars one day, woke up the next and I just didn't know any better than simply to dress the same way to go sell insurance as I did for selling cars.

Again, I'm new, so you can just chalk this up to the fact that I just don't know any better, but I wear a white dress shirt and tie, khakis, and, for the winter, a nice pair of hiking-style boots. You see, I quit selling cars one day, woke up the next and I just didn't know any better than simply to dress the same way to go sell insurance as I did for selling cars.
If it's working for you, don't change it! I've actually entertained a theory in the past that however the guys at the major auto dealerships dress is probably the ideal look for that area.

You don't like the feel of cat piss on your bare skin? Are you sure you're an FE guy? :skeptical:

It’s easier to wipe it off then deal with it on your clothes the rest the day. Use to wear shorts in the field as a paramedic in urban EMS during the summer. Guys would use the same logic and I would say have you ever worn long underwear under your clothes in the winter? No, well try it and you’ll see how much soaks through your clothes that you didn’t notice.

Got a call from a client's daughter this morning. Wanted a quote on her mother in law. I give her the numbers tell her I can be there at 2:30. Put on clean jeans, a nice sweater and slipped on my boots. An hour later I have my app and sitting in a restaurant enjoying a bowl of Pho. The sweater is green so I I don't have to change for the bar later. Wear what you are comfortable in.

Back