Is this guy over dressed?

Got a call from a client's daughter this morning. Wanted a quote on her mother in law. I give her the numbers tell her I can be there at 2:30. Put on clean jeans, a nice sweater and slipped on my boots. An hour later I have my app and sitting in a restaurant enjoying a bowl of Pho. The sweater is green so I I don't have to change for the bar later. Wear what you are comfortable in.

Oh, and they sent me home with about 20#s of fish. Score! I love the Hmong people.

What we wear, type of pen we use, type of case or Android or IPhone. Does not matter to them as much as it matters to us. With in reason of course.
I think it matters more when meeting a prospect for the first time. And over time you get to know different cultural expectations as well. If I was marketing to ranch owners around here, I better not show up in a tie. But I better be driving a nice truck and sporting a nice pair of boots.

You are so lucky go get in with the Hmong.

They are great people. The lady I wrote yesterday I wrote the first time probably 20 years ago. The little girl that helped us translate back then is now married and a mom. I of course insure her family and in laws. The deal I did yesterday has to be about number 30 or so from this family. And I will probably do Sagicor and MoO on her youngest son's family in a day or so. Then if I am lucky I start on the in laws. I treat them with respect and they treat me the same.

Did I mention the great Asian pastries they always give me. Yum.

One thing I learned is not to overspend on my clothes. Wal-Mart variety is just fine with me. I've had a couple situations where I've thrown a pair of pants in the trash. Also advise agents to keep a clean, dry towel in their car.

Back