jimmycc's drug advisory thread

That is real kind and thoughtful of you. That said, let us see the details on this plan that you were able to save the person over $1000 dollars just by switching them within the same carrier. That sounds like a real neat case. Now quit jacking around and give us the details like a good apprentice should. Or are you now for the first time ever in this forum suddenly not interested in learning something? The good news here is I got some syrup for the waffle I expect you will now be serving me.

You sound kinda desperate. Are you having trouble with your Part D sales?

I helped my wife's aunt save around 1K a year on her PDP. Kept the same drugstore and carrier, just a change of plans within the carrier's lineup!
How did you come to this conclusion? Did you run a Medicare Plan Finder? If you didn't run a Plan Finder, you probably could have saved more.

...you probably could have saved more.

Yes.

I minimized change and saved a chunk. That was enough.

And there was another reason I didn't change carriers.

One of the meds required "prior authorization". I don't know exactly what happens with that. I wanted to make a post here and ask about it, but I knew most likely Rick would have made some crack that would have just totally shut down any further comments. I really needed some kind of answer so I summoned up my courage and went to the pharmacy where the drugs were going to be purchased and asked a pharmacist if we could talk without running afoul of HIPAA rules. She told me that often, if you changed plans but stayed with the same carrier, the carrier would not require additional work for the authorization.

I am unable to remember the precise meds involved, but there were only one or two plans below the lowest with the same carrier and the difference was not too much, so staying with the same carrier was the cleanest and easiest step.

I'm having trouble pinning down a wanna be insurance agent so as I can teach him a much needed lesson.
And I'm getting sorta tired of dealing with a jerk who is behaving like he is trying to make me dance at the business end of a six shooter in the local saloon.

I just learned something.
That is real kind and thoughtful of you. That said, let us see the details on this plan that you were able to save the person over $1000 dollars just by switching them within the same carrier. That sounds like a real neat case. Now quit jacking around and give us the details like a good apprentice should. Or are you now for the first time ever in this forum suddenly not interested in learning something? The good news here is I got some syrup for the waffle I expect you will now be serving me.

I just learned something. I don't need to give you an answer.

I'm not going to tell you how I did it (saved a "client" approximately $1K per year on their drug plan). I can't tell you the specifics anyway because I don't remember them. Since I did not provide the information for a charge under some professional certification, I did not need to retain a copy of the information. I can prove the general principle using current NE (North Platte) data. I would tell someone else if they ask, but I am not going to tell you. I don't like you and I just realized it doesn't make any difference. The real agents whose respect would be important to me don't care because they already know how to do it.
LD

I'm not going to tell you how I did it (saved a "client" approximately $1K per year on their drug plan). I can't tell you the specifics anyway because I don't remember them.
LD

I already told you that you were never going to tell me how you did it so stop telling me stuff I already know. You can't tell me or anyone else because its all a big baloney sandwich!

If I was to be called this morning by 100 of my clients I could remember what drug plan I put 95 of them on without even pulling their file and looking. You can't even remember the one case you dealt with. :no: You are either lying or hiding something or you have an extremely bad memory.

And I'm getting sorta tired of dealing with a jerk who is behaving like he is trying to make me dance at the business end of a six shooter in the local saloon.

Might I suggest that since you are basically fed up dealing with agents that have much more knowledge than you that you find a different hobby. Maybe you could advise heart surgeons. I'm sure there's a website.

Rick

I already told you that you were never going to tell me how you did it so stop telling me stuff I already know. You can't tell me or anyone else because its all a big baloney sandwich!

If I was to be called this morning by 100 of my clients I could remember what drug plan I put 95 of them on without even pulling their file and looking. You can't even remember the one case you dealt with. :no: You are either lying or hiding something or you have an extremely bad memory.
I like balogna sammiches. :yes:

Is that because you only sell one drug plan? If so, why can't you remember the other 5? :huh:

Back