jimmycc's drug advisory thread

You have to do it twice. After you get the Walgreens/CVS number, click on select pharmacies at the top and change to Walmart and Kroger.

Ahh, so THAT's the trick.

I rarely run Walmart. Get too many folks who REFUSE to step inside Wally World. CVS and Walgreens come up quite often as "faves". RiteAid too. Had some to switch from their current drug store to RiteAid because of the savings.

I rarely run Walmart. Get too many folks who REFUSE to step inside Wally World. CVS and Walgreens come up quite often as "faves". RiteAid too. Had some to switch from their current drug store to RiteAid because of the savings.

Speaking of Rite Aid. Albertsons just bought them, not sure when the pharmacy reimbursement contracts will change with the manufacturers and PBM's. Don't get shocked if you start getting calls or they aren't a good choice for 2019. Typically Albertsons has not been a player.

"Preferred" pharmacy's seem to change a lot from year to year. As soon as I can get into the system I run a few test cases using the chains to get an idea of who shot John for the coming year. Also look at the preferred list after running the reports.

On a related note, an existing client called about best pricing for Xiidra. She is aware she can't change PDP until open enrollment. Currently has Silver Script. Medicine is $500 per fill.

EnvisionRx is $39 (2018).

Best Canada price was $249.

She may qualify for a discount coupon from Shire.

No wonder seniors are confused. Yet too many sign up as a "matching set" getting the Medigap and PDP from the same carrier.

Wrong on so many levels but it is their money.

"Preferred" pharmacy's seem to change a lot from year to year. As soon as I can get into the system I run a few test cases using the chains to get an idea of who shot John for the coming year. Also look at the preferred list after running the reports.

On a related note, an existing client called about best pricing for Xiidra. She is aware she can't change PDP until open enrollment. Currently has Silver Script. Medicine is $500 per fill.

EnvisionRx is $39 (2018).

Best Canada price was $249.

She may qualify for a discount coupon from Shire.

No wonder seniors are confused. Yet too many sign up as a "matching set" getting the Medigap and PDP from the same carrier.

Wrong on so many levels but it is their money.

Tell her to call and see if she can get a formulary exception. SS seems to pass those out like candy.

I thought everyone in East Alabama where you live goes to WalMart.

Rick

Now you are getting into some of the non-financial variables affecting a PDP choice which I think I've seen discussions by you and others about.

Above general discussion Is why I would have been tied to a tree and left for raccoon food if I suggested Kroger for the plan I ran, and one of the several reasons I didn't go all the way to the absolute lowest cost plan as you and ds4 suggested I could have in an earlier post in the thread.

Back