Just found out have colon cancer while in supplement open enrollment

The weight of your peers' relatively current posts in forum threads suggests that an agent can help a consumer find a company family which is less likely to shuffle than Mutual of Omaha but it is less and less likely that an agent or consumer will be able to find a company family which will not shuffle at some point because they are all starting to do so.

A consumer who is led to believe that only Mutual of Omaha is a shuffling company family is being misled by incomplete information.

If there was only a place for you to give advice to others. You don't belong here and constantly disagree with those of us who actually know better.

Please, find another hobby.

Rick

If there was only a place for you to give advice to others. You don't belong here and constantly disagree with those of us who actually know better.

Please, find another hobby.

Rick

So are you telling me that Mutual of Omaha is the only Medigap family of companies which engages in what you call the company shuffle?

Nope. I've had several clients move from CA to other states. In each case they kept their current plan along with the much higher rates compared to their new state.

In my neck of the woods in N Calif, I write mostly AARP/UHC, Anthem Blue Cross, and, Blue Shield of California. If an AARP/UHC insured move out of state, the rates get adjusted to the new zip code. With both Anthem & Blue Shield, because these are Calif companies, the insured gets screwed. They are automatically given LA County premium rates. Most people leaving Calif have $$$$ so no big deal with the high premiums.

(and primarily because of DS4's cracks about how badly I would harass an agent, I am dealing with them myself rather than discussing them with my agent.)
You have an agent????? You must be a real treat to deal with at a restaurant. I can see you sending your steak back 4 times to the kitchen.

You have an agent????? You must be a real treat to deal with at a restaurant. I can see you sending your steak back 4 times to the kitchen.
No, it gets too cold after the 2nd time. :)

Thanks for the various insights.

My current plan is to move to Montana by July 1.

I have appointments scheduled with the SLC VA between now and then to see what my treatment options there are.

After the Mutual of Omaha plan N kicks on July 1st I'm going to check out a couple of docs up there and possibly in Spokane or Seattle and I'll start treatment, likely in a civilian facility using medicare, shortly thereafter.

Depending on the results of my treatment and the prognosis I'll switch to another company and possibly another plan with an effective date in November. If there are any bumps along the road with medicare and/or MOO then I'll just go with what I know and sign up for the Aetna plan N or F through USAA.

If I don't have any problems and again depending on the prognosis maybe I'll shop around when I have a better idea of what I'll need going forward...

Again thx for the info much appreciated..

Thanks for the various insights.

My current plan is to move to Montana by July 1.

I have appointments scheduled with the SLC VA between now and then to see what my treatment options there are.

After the Mutual of Omaha plan N kicks on July 1st I'm going to check out a couple of docs up there and possibly in Spokane or Seattle and I'll start treatment, likely in a civilian facility using medicare, shortly thereafter.

Depending on the results of my treatment and the prognosis I'll switch to another company and possibly another plan with an effective date in November. If there are any bumps along the road with medicare and/or MOO then I'll just go with what I know and sign up for the Aetna plan N or F through USAA.

If I don't have any problems and again depending on the prognosis maybe I'll shop around when I have a better idea of what I'll need going forward...

Again thx for the info much appreciated..

Best wishes. Hope the place in Montana brings you the peace and pleasure you've looked forward to.

If I don't have any problems and again depending on the prognosis maybe I'll shop around when I have a better idea of what I'll need going forward.

Medicare claims often take 2 months or longer to filter through the process. If your plan is to change plans/carriers every 2 months or so you will really have no idea whether you are doing the right thing or not.

Providers have up to 12 months from the date of service to file claims. Once filed, the adjudication process often takes a month for routine claims, longer if complex.

Back