Just found out have colon cancer while in supplement open enrollment

Medicare claims often take 2 months or longer to filter through the process. If your plan is to change plans/carriers every 2 months or so you will really have no idea whether you are doing the right thing or not.

Providers have up to 12 months from the date of service to file claims. Once filed, the adjudication process often takes a month for routine claims, longer if complex.

LD - is there anything Bob should add for clarity? Unless, of course, he sent it to you for proofreading (which would only be prudent).

LD - is there anything Bob should add for clarity? Unless, of course, he sent it to you for proofreading (which would only be prudent).

I have an appointment on Tuesday to help someone change their plan. Maybe I'll send the information to LD to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Apparently he's the expert in all things - especially insurance.

Rick

Medicare claims often take 2 months or longer to filter through the process. If your plan is to change plans/carriers every 2 months or so you will really have no idea whether you are doing the right thing or not.

Providers have up to 12 months from the date of service to file claims. Once filed, the adjudication process often takes a month for routine claims, longer if complex.

Well I'm assuming from the info given here that with at least one cancer diagnosis I won't be able to change plans/carriers every two months once I am out of the open enrollment period on Dec 31st.
If I'm understanding that wrong and I can can make any change after then, given my situation, that would be good to know.... My thought was who ever I switched to in November I would be stuck with for life.....

I have an appointment on Tuesday to help someone change their plan. Maybe I'll send the information to LD to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Apparently he's the expert in all things - especially insurance.

Rick

Sorry, booked up for Tuesday. You'll have to wing it.

Well I'm assuming from the info given here that with at least one cancer diagnosis I won't be able to change plans/carriers every two months once I am out of the open enrollment period on Dec 31st.
If I'm understanding that wrong and I can can make any change after then, given my situation, that would be good to know.... My thought was who ever I switched to in November I would be stuck with for life.....

I think you may have missed the point of somarco's post.

There are two posts earlier in your thread that suggest that once you have recovered from your cancer, if you work with an agent that is contracted with a number of carriers in your state and understands their underwriting requirements, you may be able to change supplements after some period of good health.

However, somarco was just referring to you initial medigap enrollment period and trying to let you know that the flow of information between your healthcare providers, Medicare and your medigap carrier is going to be slow enough that you are unlikely to be able to see claims processing information to inform your decisions about changing Medigap carriers during your Medigap IEP. In essence, both your decisions now for a July carrier and your decisions in Sep-Oct for a November carrier are just going to be based on your feelings about carriers, or on other information which is external to the claims process.

I put a like on somarco's post because that is a point which I overlooked, but matches my experience very well. In Feb 2018, I still had a provider feuding with Medicare over a denied claim from an April 2017 operation.

I really wish LD would find another hobby. He doesn't belong here and frankly I'm tired of all his bullshit posts. He adds nothing here and is a complete waste of time.

If I were LD I think I'd join a forum for cardiac care doctors so he can add some real value.

Rick

I really wish LD would find another hobby. He doesn't belong here and frankly I'm tired of all his bullshit posts. He adds nothing here and is a complete waste of time.

If I were LD I think I'd join a forum for cardiac care doctors so he can add some real value.

*ick
Instead of spending so much time bitchin' about him, why don't you just block him? :biggrin:

Back