Just Let Me Know what is Popping Up!

I had a case with Oxford this month where a guy wasn't great health but he was clear on everything for 2- years and could answer no to the questions. We do the POS call and he's declined over an RX hit for a medication that is used after someone had an organ transplant. Anti-rejection med. The interviewer tells us the exact reason and even told us it shows he had it filled one time only in 2010. He has to decline but he says we can talk to the head underwriter.

We talk to her and the applicant tells her he came home from the pharmacy with wrong meds one time around then that must be the hit. That med isn't something you would fill once. It would be for life. She agrees but can't approve without a note from his doctor. He gets the note the next day and is approved the next day. $140 AP.

That's why it's important for the company to tell the agent the issue. Sometimes you can fix it.

I wrote my first liberty bankers app and it was only approved modified. I asked why modified and they would not give me any info! I was given why with other carriers! Which carriers would you reccomend staying away from when it comes to silence regarding flags on rx check/ mib. Thanks! I know we need to check meds Ect but sometimes a medication that they are not even aware of migh ht pop up.

This is exactly why a lot of guys ONLY write carriers that have POS interviews. When asking for the client to go grab their medication, it's important to tell them to grab all of the empty bottles too.

I let them know that we are going to look at all the medication and I ask them, "now is there any medication that your doctor prescribed over the last few years that isn't here? Are you sure?"

How do you guys become experts at what medications would be approved at specific companies.

For example, client shows me metoprolol, he has no real idea what he's taking it for, so I look up med on the rx app from transamerica, it tells me it can be taken for angina or chf, now neither one is good, so when in doubt do pos, I did with foresters, he got approved level, now maybe trnansamerica would also have approved how do I know?

Its also taken for HTN I believe. Just another curve ball for ya.

That's probably the most common use of that drug. I had a guy who took it solely for migraine headaches. It's a very versatile drug so it's key to get the real condition it's taken for.

I had a case with Oxford this month where a guy wasn't great health but he was clear on everything for 2- years and could answer no to the questions. We do the POS call and he's declined over an RX hit for a medication that is used after someone had an organ transplant. Anti-rejection med. The interviewer tells us the exact reason and even told us it shows he had it filled one time only in 2010. He has to decline but he says we can talk to the head underwriter.

We talk to her and the applicant tells her he came home from the pharmacy with wrong meds one time around then that must be the hit. That med isn't something you would fill once. It would be for life. She agrees but can't approve without a note from his doctor. He gets the note the next day and is approved the next day. $140 AP.

That's why it's important for the company to tell the agent the issue. Sometimes you can fix it.

Ive had Oxford decline after POS, then I raise Cain and pass to uw. last one came back approved, I dont like inconsistency from POS.

Latest posts

Back