Juvenile Applications

I think Genworth will write individual policies for people under 18. Are the parents looking for life insurance as well? - a child rider could be the way to go if they are.

Ok, thanks. I was more interested in seeing if there are any carriers who have a seperate underwriting process for juveniles and therefore a seperate app.

Thanks again.

Ok, thanks. I was more interested in seeing if there are any carriers who have a seperate underwriting process for juveniles and therefore a seperate app.

Thanks again.

Just because they share the same app does not mean they share the same underwriting process. Every form has to be filed with the DOI and in some states that is expensive and time consuming. The more generic they can make the form, the more useful it is.

Thanks again.

Every carrier I've worked for uses the same app, but they have seperate guidelines for juvenile underwriting. Typically there's no exam, bood, urine... but they will get medical records to take a look at the last yearly physical, school physical, sports physical. Medical underwriting is a little tighter than adult underwriting, especially under age 6.

Just curious...what is the specific scenario you're referring to? Is it anything other than good health?

No, no specific situation. I wanted to know if any carriers actually had a seperate app for juveniles.

Makes sense about keeping the app generic due to filing.

Thanks for the replies.

Back