Lapband Surgery

I could start up a niche and have the best coverage for breast implants. Too bad there wasn't a company that had a plan specifically for breast implants. Now I would definetly be working 16 hour days.:D and door knocking early in the morning:D

Do your homework then report back on what you find. Plenty of information on complications from gastric bypass & lapbanding.

There are plenty of commercials for payday & title loans. Doesn't mean they are good.

My wife's Aunt is going in for the Lapband, you know that is day surgery? Yes in and out in a matter of 3-5 hours, amazing what they are doing. Well of course her Group plan isn't going to pay for it, borrowed the money from her father (the guy we're taking care of). The cost is right at 25 grand, yet even though she is in no way going to be compliant (in my opinion) with the "Change of Life", you just gotta know this lady my wife and I are doing everything we can to talk her out of it. Yet she is determined and the procedure will be perform at the end of this month. Told her she best be preparing to get more money from her father because the complications will not be cover under her group policy. Yet though the Lapband is much easier to deal with since it can be removed unlike the Bypass Surgery where it becomes life and death if the "Lifestyle" change isn't adhered to strictly.

James - Perhaps you should let her know that a piece of Duct Tape over her mouth would do the same thing as Lapband. It even helps you 'cause it would shut her up! LOL

James - Perhaps you should let her know that a piece of Duct Tape over her mouth would do the same thing as Lapband. It even helps you 'cause it would shut her up! LOL

Tried that, just no duct tape strong enough to shut her mouth! I mean I meet people (strangers to me) that know her and all comment (from out of the blue) how much she eats, buffet or just orders big multiple plates. Outside of that she takes some 10 shots a day for her diabeties, she thinks this is the cure all! God, a disaster in the making.

Her sister my MIL (mother in law), has diabeties out of control but she will not eat enough, she actually drinks and been an RN for over twenty years and swears she can handle it. Yet I can't count how many times we had to call 9/11 for emergencies due to her blood sugar dropping below 30-20 level which is right next to (or is) commatose. Sometimes Dr. Pepper and spoonful of peanut butter will help if you can force it down her throat when she is gone to a strange mental state due to blood sugar being way to low (40 or 50 level is where you this might help)! Hell, she even has a supply of that stuff that is suppose to shock them out of this state, give her two shots and if that doesn't help call 9-11, even my 9 yr old son knows what to do since this happens so much. Yet she swears she has it under control.:twitchy:

Darwin was right. I also have a relative, HBP and high cholesterol and overweight. We go out to dinner from time to time and he can't soak up enough Alfredo sauce with the buttered garlic bread. All I can say is something needs to thin the herd.

Got a friend who had the surgery about 6 years ago. Since then he has had at least 3 trips to the ER for internal bleeding. Early complications included severe pain & cramping. His BP dropped but is back up now. Cannot get his meds regulated for BP, cholesterol, bipolar & migraines since he basically does not have a digestive tract any more and they don't make those meds with enteric coating.

To deal with the misery of his quality of life he has turned to alcohol. The only good thing is it only takes 3 - 4 beers to do what it used to take a dozen or more. Of course he has also had numerous trips to the ER over drunk & falling down. Lost 3 jobs in the last 12 months due to inability to regulate his bipolar meds.

When one goes on a diet, which is mandatory after the surgery, many times these over-eaters substitute one vice for another. Many turn to alcohol, drugs, etc.

Give her the advice one of my client got from her doc. Try the spit-it-out diet. If it tastes good, spit it out.

Wonder if it would be cheaper for insurance companies for pay for phychological counsiling in some cases instead of all these meds and procedures. Are there any studies on people who receive adequate counsiling and in return use healthcare less?

Back