Lasso MSA

Regarding the clinical access piece:
MSA plans are truly non-network and work like as Original Medicare in that any provider that accepts Medicare and is accepting new patients must accept MSA plan members.
We did confirm with CMS this clinical access piece. It's different than PFFS, HMO-POS nor OON PPO with regard to access rules.

Does this also mean that the provider is free of insurance carrier control and reporting requirements that they have to meet when accepting other Medicare Advantage plans?

I have been selling MSA's for the last 3 years .. we have two MSA's in our state ..while a good option you need to educate your clients if they do have expenses the paperwork is tricky... confusing to many seniors . I have had to move some to MAPD's or MedSupp

I have been selling MSA's for the last 3 years .. we have two MSA's in our state ..while a good option you need to educate your clients if they do have expenses the paperwork is tricky... confusing to many seniors . I have had to move some to MAPD's or MedSupp

I didn't know there were two, I got to a customer guide for one of them earlier this morning after looking through information on q1 Medicare. From a consumer perspective I was impressed with that plan's current financial parameters. I don't know how it stacks up for you in regard to things like commissions and carrier service and support.

Network Health pays standard agent level commissions .. SecurityHealth pay is well below market...thus my focus is on Network Health

Does this also mean that the provider is free of insurance carrier control and reporting requirements that they have to meet when accepting other Medicare Advantage plans?
Since we're non-network, we don't have a contract with the provider to enforce any control or reporting requirements. We simply piggy back off of the provider's contract with Original Medicare as a basis to pay them.

Back