Leads/objections

Speechman

Expert
Still somewhat new to insurance sales - specifically in the Medicare market. Still only on a part-time basis though. Any advice on how to handle leads from an FMO. Once in a while, I will get a couple of leads– most recent had to do with DSNP plan. This lead apparently sent something back requesting information(BRC). I get the lead. Prospect says they never recall sending anything in, and were happy with what they had. Any Advise on pulling more information out from the prospect and having more success with potentially switching out their plans. Kind of looking for some guidance on overcoming objections/training(don’t get any training from FMO). As most of the other leads I have have been very warm/referrals so they been pretty easy.

Kind of looking for some guidance on overcoming objections/training(don’t get any training from FMO). As most of the other leads I have have been very warm/referrals so they been pretty easy.
I see that you took part of my advice because you're here.

And since you asked about objections and leads I advised you to reach out to Todd. He's got everything you need including an excellent lead program.

Since you're new to Medicare, I suggest that you hang around here. You'll learn a lot. And if you see a post on here by @somarco, @kgmom219 or @Chazm stop and read what they say. I do. They know their stuff and I recommend them. They're plenty of others on here that fit that bill but I'm not going to load you down with homework on a weekend.

But based on your post, you need sales training. You can get that here too but you have to search for it. And as for objections, I recommend that you use the search button up top. Search the word objections in the FE Forum and you'll find tons of good stuff over there.

Welcome to the nut house

Last edited:
Still somewhat new to insurance sales - specifically in the Medicare market. Still only on a part-time basis though. Any advice on how to handle leads from an FMO. Once in a while, I will get a couple of leads– most recent had to do with DSNP plan. This lead apparently sent something back requesting information(BRC). I get the lead. Prospect says they never recall sending anything in, and were happy with what they had. Any Advise on pulling more information out from the prospect and having more success with potentially switching out their plans. Kind of looking for some guidance on overcoming objections/training(don’t get any training from FMO). As most of the other leads I have have been very warm/referrals so they been pretty easy.

That’s tough because they deny sending in and are happy . There’s a great chance your fmo is giving you aged leads that are very old . I’d say go knock on a dsnps door and show them the lead card but you can’t do that if you want to be compliant. 2 agents door knocked my clients the past month and switched their plans . I saved both . Even on the phone you can’t mention specific benefits unless you have a soa signed . Next yr that will require 48 hrs between the scope signed and you talking about benefits . If agents are truely compliant next yr doing business will be challenging.

Kind of looking for some guidance on overcoming objections/training(don’t get any training from FMO). As most of the other leads I have have been very warm/referrals so they been pretty easy.

You need a new FMO if the current one will release you.

If you think you can get a release you should reach out to Scott Burke (@Newby here on the forum - and don't fret, he ain't no newby). His IMO is FEXContracting.

The man running the medicare side for them is none other than Nick "Frumkin Comes Alive" Frampton ... err Frumkin (@NAF1138 here on the forum).

You need training, good, solid training. You'll get it from FEX and Nick.

Even if you think you can't get a release you should contact them as maybe they could still put a carrier line up together for you that will get you going and earning.

Best of luck to you.

EDIT: Ignore @DonP ... he means well, or maybe he doesn't. But in either case, he'll be more likely to have you looking for the nearest short pier off of which you can take a long walk. You need positive people right now. Poor Don, he's miserable. A good guy fpor sure, but miserable.

Last edited:
You need a new FMO is the current one will release you.

If you think you can get a release you should reach out to Scott Burke (@Newby here on the forum - and don't fret, he ain't no newby). His IMO is FEXContracting.

The man running the medicare side for them is none other than Nick "Frumkin Comes Alive" Frampton ... err Frumkin (@NAF1138 here on the forum).

You need training, good, solid training. You'll get it from FEX and Nick.

Even if you think you can't get a release you should contact them as maybe they could still put a carrier line up together for you that will get you going and earning.

Best of luck to you.

EDIT: Ignore @DonP ... he means well, or maybe he doesn't. But in either case, he'll be more likely to have you looking for the nearest short pier off of which you can take a long walk. You need positive people right now. Poor Don, he's miserable. A good guy fpor sure, but miserable.

Sir were talking about Medicare leads that have heavy compliance issues . You can’t say many things setting appts .This ain’t the Wild West were you can door knock leads or cold door knock like fe . I can door knock with any human alive . You have big renewals you jeopardize them in mapd . You know nothing about mapd . Stay in your door knocking fe lane .

Last edited:
I would keep an open mind and not be set in your ways of selling only certain products. Find the top 4 or 5 Med Sups in your area, top 2 or 3 MA plans and top PDP’s. Know them like the back of your hand. Get with any connections you may have such as lawyers, financial advisors, P&C agent, etc. Give them a stack of cards and tell them you will send any leads their way also.

As far as lead cards I’m no help, Haven’t done one for 15 years. No need to if you just work on referrals. One thing that used to work for me back in the day was posting the lowest Med Sup rates for 65, 70 and 75 year olds in a newspaper ad. Not sure if that’s still allowed or not. Best of luck, if you can make it 4 or 5 years it’s the best profession in the world IMO. Everyone asks when I’m retiring, answer is never.

Medicare supplement leads, or "general" Medicare leads, where the agent is not leading with PDP or MAPD do not have "compliance issues". Agents are free to discuss general Medicare information, Medigap and/or ancillary lines. If you transition into an MAPD discussion the SOA and other CMS rules apply.

However DNC rules still apply and some areas restrict/prohibit cold door knocking.

Back