Lest we forget

And on this Memorial Day, in honor of those who've fallen, let it be known I am forever in debt and awe of those who served and gave it all.

Just finished the first of several services we have today.

As our guy started Taps I saw old (my age) Vietnam Veterans tearing up. But Also 20-30 year olds in our rifle team.

Join us and hoist a beverage for those who cannot today.

Then eat, party and enjoy the day. We will. It is paid for.

As our guy started Taps I saw old (my age) Vietnam Veterans tearing up.

My son interviewed a couple of local Vietnam Vets last week for his high school as part of their Memorial Day remembrance. I was not there but others who were told me no one made it through those interviews without tears in their eyes - the Vets, my son, and those who were in attendance.

becasue it represented the worst values in American history. :mad:

Hard to find a Vietnam Vet who doesn't think the war was wrong and we had no business being there. Both of the Vets my son interviewed were strongly against American involvement in Vietnam.

Most US wars other than the American revolution and the World Wars have been of questionable moral basis.

I am sure those kids were speaking of the lack of moral standing the USA requires of its politicians when declaring wars and not the men and women who fought in those wars.

In other words, whether those kids like it or not, when it comes to US military involvement around the world and throughout history, they likely agree more with Trump than they do with Biden. The people may protest wars, but those pols, Dem and GOP alike, have yet to find a war they didn't like.

At least those kids are engaged with something other than video games and Pokemon trading cards.

And you really shouldn't be down on college kids, Louis. I have two daughters both in college and they will tell you first hand that Trumpism and pseudo-conservative politics is alive and well on college campuses, even here in the "liberal" Northeast.

Now, let's not pollute this thread with political grievance anymore. This is not the place for it.

God Bless our troops - let's raise their pay so they don't need to be on food stamps to provide for their families. I am hoping that Biden's 2022 budget will reverse the course of smaller and smaller pay raises for our men and women in uniform.

New in 2021: Military pay raise likely to be smaller next year.

Back