Liberty Mutual Says Job Descr Required Bachelors Degree

What is there "niche?"

College educated, married professionals who own their home and 2+ cars.

Basically they don't want to hire someone who can't easily reach out to those individuals. If you don't have a degree but have contacts you will be fine.

At MassMutual San Francisco we like to see an advanced degree, but experience can trump the degree. We're looking for demonstrated success (not necessarily financial industry) and an entrepreneurial spirit. Training, culture, daytime activities, product selection, in-house support, diversity, marketing products, flexibility, 161 years of success and stability, reputation, and exceptional leadership is what we are known for. Find out what the other companies are known for.

Rene D

Yes the base is always guaranteed, but does bottom out year 4 at $15,000 but by then you probably have another $20k a year in renewals. At least that is where I'm at after about 4 years with the company. It's still only$35k which is nothing and I don't like the fact that if I stay my whole career I'm going to be hunting for new biz until the day I retire.
Also, the non compete makes it harder to just leave and go work on the Indy side. I've been trying to find a way to transition for a while now but just can't seem to do it.

How is their non-compete worded?

How is their non-compete worded?

It states that I can't attempt to solicit any of my liberty clients for 2 years after I leave the company. Not sure how iron clad they are or if its possible to get around it. It sure makes it difficult to switch to Indy because I would have to start from scratch

College educated, married professionals who own their home and 2+ cars.

Basically they don't want to hire someone who can't easily reach out to those individuals. If you don't have a degree but have contacts you will be fine.

Nice niche. How are their life rates?

LM is a 9-7 job. I worked there and we had mandatory call nights til 7 and 8 some nights. Always pressure to hit goals and sale more. I would go indy.

It states that I can't attempt to solicit any of my liberty clients for 2 years after I leave the company. Not sure how iron clad they are or if its possible to get around it. It sure makes it difficult to switch to Indy because I would have to start from scratch

That's a very reasonable contract. If you were to end up indy after that, you'd be much better prepared for it. If you leave quickly that's in my opinion bad ethics. They invest a great deal in new hires, if your goal is to go indy, start indy.

I knew and went though their training with a lot of people who left right after or soon after. Depends on the manager. Mine was an ass.

That's a very reasonable contract. If you were to end up indy after that, you'd be much better prepared for it. If you leave quickly that's in my opinion bad ethics. They invest a great deal in new hires, if your goal is to go indy, start indy.

Yea I think that is the standard non-compete these days. I've been in the business for almost 4 years so its a good amount of clients to go after...

Back