Life Shield questions???

No they were 1st to die not 2nd to die. For a year or two, two companies allowed any preneed policy to be a 1st to die at no extra cost. They were based on the oldest's age and if either one couldn't answer no to the health questions they weren't 1st day coverage. But they were a fantastic deal.

Still available today but priced higher. Not as attractive.

I understand what you are saying. The preneed is 1st to Die. I'm saying adding a 2nd to Die to that only makes sense if it is a true 2nd to Die, where one member of the couple can be pretty unhealthy, yet they still get coverage. If both have to be fairly healthy, it may not be a good fit.

Who actually qualifies for modified
1. A non smoking copd client not on oxygen. (I lead with TA for 1st day coverage but give them both options)
2.Heart attack, stroke, cardiovascular surgery, or aneurysm 13-23 months ago.
3.Kidney failure without dialysis.

But I usually use them for healthy clients.

I understand what you are saying. The preneed is 1st to Die. I'm saying adding a 2nd to Die to that only makes sense if it is a true 2nd to Die, where one member of the couple can be pretty unhealthy, yet they still get coverage. If both have to be fairly healthy, it may not be a good fit.

Yes, but if they just want it for basic FE purposes they could just buy a single FE policy on the cheapest one to insure.

Let’s say the wife is the cheapest one. So they buy a single FE policy on her. Then she goes and dies first. Now the husband has her funeral paid for by the 1st to die PreNeed policy. And has the 2nd policy that pays him cash. His agent takes the cash and sells him a single premium paid up policy on himself.

If he dies first the 1st to die buys his funeral and she is covered by the FE policy. Works either way.

I had several of them go each way when we had those 1st to die policies. Wonderful invention.

Back