Lincoln Heritage

Believe it or not, though, I’ve checked their complaint record with TX DOI, NAIC, and BBB. They look pretty good just from raw data. However, online consumer reviews (including on BBB) tell a different story.

I sometimes wish somebody like “60 Minutes” would investigate them, except I’m afraid they would use it to paint the whole industry with a broad, negative brush.

60 minutes has no balls anymore. At one time they did. They blew AARP and Colonial Penn up back in the 1980’s. That was good television.

I can tell you as a Funeral Director who has worked with several LH policies at the time of death, they are the WORST of any company I have dealt with if the death is in the first two years. The cases I was involved with never paid. Which they were all clean-sheeted. So no company would pay. But Lincoln makes it too easy for their agents to clean sheet.

One man was bedridden and on kidney dialysis and the agent replaced the GI policy they had that was nearly 24 months in with a preferred rate LH. Sold the dad and the adult son at the same time.

Lincoln will never disclose what % of their claims get paid. Not in a million years.
I didn’t run across many of their policies in Mississippi but the ones I did were clean sheeted. I suspect that their young agents are so desperate to write something that they do that.

Back