Lincoln Heritage

so im gonna say why i belive so many agents are coming and acting as if LH is the best out there. i think its because others are bashing it so hard they belive what they are selling and these other agents are coming by just to throw a grenade in their face. is there really other FE out there that accually has funeral directors working for them calling their clients funeral home of choice to save them money? i was under the impression the client would get a check and go to their funeral home of choice and sit and talk to the director and get sold what ever package the funeral home offers. i have some general price lists from several funeral homes in the area and the price for direct cremation ranges from 1-3,000 so the client gets ripped off because they just do what the funeral director tells them to do. i honestly dont know what other comppanies doo out there. i worked for 2 other life insurance companies and let me tell you LH hands down has the best training. no one else would train me. i have a great attitude and im selling LH i belive in my product and if u belive u can sell sand in the desert.
Not sure I understood the last sentence. But as far as LH compared to other companies, there are several IMO's out there that will give you good training. Sounds like you had bad luck with the ones you picked. But LH does a good job training, no question about it.

This won't be true for every agent, but I always deliver my policies in person. If the policy isn't already in a presentation folder, I put it in one. That way, when anybody opens it, my business card is front and center. I go over the policy with the client, and emphasize that when it comes time for the family to make a claim, they should call me first. That way I can coach them on what to expect, and how to not be taken advantage of. Sometimes I even go to the funeral home with them to act as a consultant while they're making arrangements, although I can't do that for every client. Agents have been the family consultant at claim time for at least a century before FCGS ever came along. Those of us that work that way add at least as much value, probably more.

I would encourage you to be that kind of agent, too. Even though your clients have FCGS, don't leave them to make the calls. Encourage them to call you, then you make the calls! In fact, anything that the client might call the company for, whether it's address changes, bank account changes, beneficiary changes, claims, or anything else, you should do everything in your power to make sure they call you! Then you're their family's insurance man, and it won't matter how much higher your prices are, you won't get replaced, and you'll sell other family members and friends.

One other piece of advice: From time to time I run into people who have a LH policy, who believe they've done a prearrangement with the price of their funeral locked in. That's because the FCGS form resembles a Funeral Services Agreement form. You must make it clear to the client that you're using that form only to illustrate, and that it doesn't guarantee or lock in future prices. To leave them with the impression that they've taken out a Preneed plan is just plain dishonest. It's a disservice to them, and to you, and you won't make it in this business if you do it. I personally rarely replace an established policy, but if I think the agent or company was dishonest with the client, I make it my special mission to replace it!

Last edited:
A few paragraph breaks sure would help folks trying to read your posts.
It would help, as would spelling and punctuation. However I'm not going to give him too hard a time.

I had a debit agent on my staff years ago who couldn't spell to save his life. He used to submit a lot of trial apps, but he couldn't even spell that. He would write "TRAIL" across the front of the app. I suspect he did that so they'd be underwritten, relieving him of the need to spell difficult words like "emphysema".

He never wanted me to ride with him, but one day I insisted. He was writing an app on a gentleman who had gone to the ER for bronchitis. When the man said "bronchitis", the agent froze for a few seconds. So I quietly helped him with it. When we got back in the car, I told him to stop sending so many trial apps. I said it was ok if he didn't know how to spell something, just do the best you can or call me for help.

But you know what? He was my best producing agent, and his clients loved him. He made Superstar in his first year, and was later promoted to management, even though he still couldn't spell! No, he couldn't SPELL, but he sure could SELL!

so im gonna say why i belive so many agents are coming and acting as if LH is the best out there. i think its because others are bashing it so hard they belive what they are selling and these other agents are coming by just to throw a grenade in their face. is there really other FE out there that accually has funeral directors working for them calling their clients funeral home of choice to save them money? i was under the impression the client would get a check and go to their funeral home of choice and sit and talk to the director and get sold what ever package the funeral home offers. i have some general price lists from several funeral homes in the area and the price for direct cremation ranges from 1-3,000 so the client gets ripped off because they just do what the funeral director tells them to do. i honestly dont know what other comppanies doo out there. i worked for 2 other life insurance companies and let me tell you LH hands down has the best training. no one else would train me. i have a great attitude and im selling LH i belive in my product and if u belive u can sell sand in the desert.
I got a guy in your area that can train you. He's a 20k a month producer

I don’t believe for a second that any company pays before an investigation is done if the death is within the first two years from natural causes. It would be insane for a company to do that.

I don’t believe for a second that any company pays before an investigation is done if the death is within the first two years from natural causes. It would be insane for a company to do that.

Nobody does that, including Lincoln.

Nobody does that, including Lincoln.

I can tell you as a Funeral Director who has worked with several LH policies at the time of death, they are the WORST of any company I have dealt with if the death is in the first two years. The cases I was involved with never paid. Which they were all clean-sheeted. So no company would pay. But Lincoln makes it too easy for their agents to clean sheet.

One man was bedridden and on kidney dialysis and the agent replaced the GI policy they had that was nearly 24 months in with a preferred rate LH. Sold the dad and the adult son at the same time.

Lincoln will never disclose what % of their claims get paid. Not in a million years.

I can tell you as a Funeral Director who has worked with several LH policies at the time of death, they are the WORST of any company I have dealt with if the death is in the first two years. The cases I was involved with never paid. Which they were all clean-sheeted. So no company would pay. But Lincoln makes it too easy for their agents to clean sheet.

One man was bedridden and on kidney dialysis and the agent replaced the GI policy they had that was nearly 24 months in with a preferred rate LH. Sold the dad and the adult son at the same time.

Lincoln will never disclose what % of their claims get paid. Not in a million years.
I sometimes wish somebody like “60 Minutes” would investigate them, except I’m afraid they would use it to paint the whole industry with a broad, negative brush.

Back