Looking for a Dental Vision Hearing type plan in Minnesota

When you sell these types of plans you are not an insurance agent anymore. You are a pure 100% salesman. You know it. I know it. And any client that has half a clue will know it.

I know people don’t like dental plans on this board but I still like mine. I’ve had two cleanings and it’s paid me back my $260. It may only cover up to $1k per year but I only pay $324/year. Hopefully I don’t need to use it more than just cleanings but you never know.

I have seen you post many times and you seem pretty intelligent. Are you telling me that you have never sat down with a piece of paper and figured out that you can never get more out of the policy then you paid in.

I have seen you post many times and you seem pretty intelligent. Are you telling me that you have never sat down with a piece of paper and figured out that you can never get more out of the policy then you paid in.

I don’t need paper. If I only get 2 cleanings and nothing else, then yes I won’t get back as much as I paid in. Throw in one filling, I’m probably breaking even. Anything after that I’m up.

I know people don’t like dental plans on this board but I still like mine. I’ve had two cleanings and it’s paid me back my $260. It may only cover up to $1k per year but I only pay $324/year. Hopefully I don’t need to use it more than just cleanings but you never know.

Surely you are not implying that if you had needed it, you could of collected 1000 dollars worth of benefits in the first year after only paying 324 dollars.

Surely you are not implying that if you had needed it, you could of collected 1000 dollars worth of benefits in the first year after only paying 324 dollars.

I’m not one to sell dental plans but why not?
I get paid cash. I’m on my second year on the plan so if I went to the dentist tomorrow and got a crown, I’ll pay in full, and in about 3 weeks I’ll get a check in the mail, paying 70%.
Again, hopefully I won’t need the full $1k and the insurance company obviously makes money but I like the plan. Next year it’ll pay 80%.

Do you guys have Manhattan life in Minn
I'll 2nd Manhattan. Like you, I carry it myself and will be using it in a couple of weeks at the dentist's office. I went with the $1,500 plan.

I'm getting tired of wearing glasses and I'm thinking about getting contacts, so I'll be using the vision benefit too. Hopefully I won't have to use the hearing aid benefit. What? Huh?

I'll soon be drawing out more in claims than I've paid in Jimmy. :yes:What makes this plan different from the rest is the "pool of money".

Last edited:
I'll 2nd Manhattan. Like you, I carry it myself and will be using it in a couple of weeks at the dentist's office. I went with the $1,500 plan.

I'm getting tired of wearing glasses and I'm thinking about getting contacts, so I'll be using the vision benefit too. Hopefully I won't have to use the hearing aid benefit. What? Huh?

I'll soon be drawing out more in claims than I've paid in Jimmy. :yes:What makes this plan different from the rest is the "pool of money".

Sounds like B.S. I'm kind of afraid on an insurance agent dumb enough to buy one of these Dental plans however I kind of get it. If you want it and can afford it go for it.

Sounds like B.S. I'm kind of afraid on an insurance agent dumb enough to buy one of these Dental plans however I kind of get it. If you want it and can afford it go for it.
Jimmy, you're full of crapped corn. :twitchy:

I have up to $1,500 of benefits to draw upon for each, or any combination of Dental, Vision and Hearing. I pay 41.83 a month/$501.96 a year and will easily get more benefit than that at the dentist's office. Then I'll turn around and use the vision. I'll draw 2 years of premium in the benefits from those 2 instances.

As far as an insurance agent dumb enough to buy one of these plans, I got back 55% of my premium back in 1st year commissions and 7% in renewals. Plus, when showing it, I can tell the prospects that I carry it myself.

I feel the same way about MOST dental plans sucking, but this one's different. I have probably 10 dental plans that I can sell, and this is the only one I ever felt comfortable with.

Name one insurance product that sustainably pays out more than it takes in.
Don't know how long it will last (SL&C has alrady pulled their version) but UNL's Home Health Plan almost fits the definition of a plan desined to pay more than they receive. It has a drug benefit tha pays $10 for each generic script filled and $25 for each name brand up to a max of $600 per year. At age 70, a plan that pays $300 per day for Home Health Care cost $47.41 per month (younger ages are less). That is $568.92 per year. If they fill an average of 5 generic presriptons per month they will get back more than they pay every year.

Back