Looking for a Dental Vision Hearing type plan in Minnesota

Don't know how long it will last (SL&C has alrady pulled their version) but UNL's Home Health Plan almost fits the definition of a plan desined to pay more than they receive. It has a drug benefit tha pays $10 for each generic script filled and $25 for each name brand up to a max of $600 per year. At age 70, a plan that pays $300 per day for Home Health Care cost $47.41 per month (younger ages are less). That is $568.92 per year. If they fill an average of 5 generic presriptons per month they will get back more than they pay every year.
Thanks for reminding me. GTL and UNL have that plan. I'm taking one out, I'll make money, and I'm not even talking about my commissions. I'll get more back on the prescription benefit than I'll pay in. I've called them and talked with them about that twice and have been told the actuarials have it all figured out(they know that not everyone is going to come out ahead). I even mentioned how I'll get more back than my premiums. Also, the waiting period doesn't apply to drugs.

***Ooops. I just noticed that you mentioned UNL, at 1st glance I only saw SL&C.

Thanks for reminding me. GTL and UNL have that plan. I'm taking one out, I'll make money, and I'm not even talking about my commissions. I'll get more back on the prescription benefit than I'll pay in. I've called them and talked with them about that twice and have been told the actuarials have it all figured out(they know that not everyone is going to come out ahead). I even mentioned how I'll get more back than my premiums. Also, the waiting period doesn't apply to drugs.

***Ooops. I just noticed that you mentioned UNL, at 1st glance I only saw SL&C.
They assume that after the first few months many people will not bother to file their claims. I just sent them $180 woth of claims for April and May..You are right no witing period or pre ex on drugs plus if they are not receiving any type of assistance with ADLs or not confined, it is guarantee issue..

Last edited:
They assume that after the first few months many people will not bother to file their claims. I just sent them $180 woth of claims for April and May..
Yep, they mentioned that too. LOL

I have two $25 a month name brands alone that'll give me the maximum benefit. I need to put that in my bag, I've got the supplies. I think I'll use GTL. I'll tell people that they can file every month, but personally, I'll do it once a year.

Don't know how long it will last (SL&C has alrady pulled their version) but UNL's Home Health Plan almost fits the definition of a plan desined to pay more than they receive. It has a drug benefit tha pays $10 for each generic script filled and $25 for each name brand up to a max of $600 per year. At age 70, a plan that pays $300 per day for Home Health Care cost $47.41 per month (younger ages are less). That is $568.92 per year. If they fill an average of 5 generic presriptons per month they will get back more than they pay every year.

That is interesting. Is there an e-app and what is a rough estimate % of the commissions on it?

Seems like something that could be easily sold during AEP to an existing client base while running the endless pdp reports...

That is interesting. Is there an e-app and what is a rough estimate % of the commissions on it?

Seems like something that could be easily sold during AEP to an existing client base while running the endless pdp reports...
Yes they have an e-app. 55% FYC, 8% 2-10, 4% 11+.

What are the limits on home health care?

You can do the prescriptions even though they have gone through silver script?

Seems like this type of plan might encourage people to refill monthly rather than on a 90 day cycle.

What are the limits on home health care?

You can do the prescriptions even though they have gone through silver script?
There are 3 plans that pay up to $150/$300/or $450 a day for various types of treatment at home for up to 360 days per benefit period, and up to $40/$80/or $120 a day for up to 60 days per benefit period for a home health aide.

I don't know why it would encourage people to refill monthly as you just save the receipts and send them in as often as you want to. Yes, you can use this in addition to a PDP. The levels for the RX coverage is $300/$600/or $600 per year.

It also has 24/7 Ask Mayo Nurse Hotline.

Last edited:
Jimmy, you're full of crapped corn. :twitchy:

I have up to $1,500 of benefits to draw upon for each, or any combination of Dental, Vision and Hearing. I pay 41.83 a month/$501.96 a year and will easily get more benefit than that at the dentist's office. Then I'll turn around and use the vision. I'll draw 2 years of premium in the benefits from those 2 instances.

As far as an insurance agent dumb enough to buy one of these plans, I got back 55% of my premium back in 1st year commissions and 7% in renewals. Plus, when showing it, I can tell the prospects that I carry it myself.

I feel the same way about MOST dental plans sucking, but this one's different. I have probably 10 dental plans that I can sell, and this is the only one I ever felt comfortable with.
Which company? I've been shipping UHCO's dental plan and it isn't half bad from what i've seen.

Back