Looking For Feedback On Matt Mungia Aka "Spur City"

He speaks "Spanglish" and that is close enough in South Texas. He closes enough cases that perfect Spanish isn't required. I like working with Matt and he has helped build lots of great producers.

First time I met Matt I drove to San Antonio wearing kackis and a red polo, I looked like Jake from State Farm. Matt came out wearing his work outfit a Spurs jersey, shorts and sneakers. I rode along with him as he made sale after sale. It was amazing watching this young kid knock on a door and walk in make the sale and walk out with an app or two. He made it look so easy. I learned more about sales in that one day than I ever have. I have been around a lot of great sales people, but Matt made it fun.

We mostly do seminars and meet clients at my office. We do Employee Benefits, Medicare, Retirement planning, College Funding, ancillary products and Life insurance and I use Matt's selling techniques with every client.

Ok Dude, you're the one that'll keep me laughing tonight. I damned near choked to death!!!:twitchy::laugh::twitchy:

Is that a little green monkey flying through the air? :laugh:
Mungia VOL 1

Matt at one time called me the dud and I called him spud city. We ironed out our differences in an effort to bring balance to an overtly fake group of FE hooligans. This was 2002. After we began working together I began to notice that he had a glaring addiction, one in clear sight but easy to overlook when you are in that lifestyle. We would go out and close appointment after appointment until our pens burned with exhaustion. Admirable premium was being written every single day. Unfortunately, it was when the night came that I saw the real Mungia make his appearance. While a normal FE agent cracks open a few cold ones and falls asleep to fox news Mungia is out on the riverwalk with one thing in mind, to find his next victim. You see, Matt has something deep inside of him that requires his attention, comparable to a normal human needing to sleep or breathe. It would begin with one or two modelo's lowering his inhibition and would end with 2 or 3 don julio shots and that my friend is where Matt really began to excel.

mexican-wrestling-9-622x415.jpg

He could no longer hold back. The nearest able bodied man became his next target.

10494000-mexican-wrestling-mask-silver-fighter-with-aggresive-gesture-isolated-on-black.jpg

He would explode with rage.

giphy.gif

Children were not even safe.

I have more stories about matt's crazy antics and if you want to be apart of an imo like that you may produce but take caution when out on the riverwalk.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a very positive conversation with Matt at "The Insurance Squad".

Anybody out here contacted with his agency ?
What are the pluses and minuses ?
Does he provide an upfront written release ?
Stand by his words ?

Anybody have to split from his team ?
If so, how come ?
Friendly and professional on the way out ?

Thanks guys

@SPUR CITY / Matt, is a good guy and as far as I know, yes he stands by his word.

Last edited:
Back