Looking to Sell Senior Productions

As a newbie in the Senior Market, I would find a durabale medical company that does Medicare approved braces. You can offer them to folks on Medicare at N/C and make a great commission on them. Most FMO's never heard of them.

They have heard of them and they have decided that it is basically a scam.

The one that didn't think it was a scam did get involved with it and then soon realized that it was basically a scam.

You don't have to have an insurance license to peddle that crap so why are you here at a insurance agent forum? Shouldn't you be talking to medicare diabetic shoe sales people and scooter sales people?

They have heard of them and they have decided that it is basically a scam.

How is helping our clients out with pain relief that cost them nothing "basically a scam"?

My apologies. I thought this was a forum for agents to share ideas to improve our business.

How is helping our clients out with pain relief that cost them nothing "basically a scam"?

My apologies. I thought this was a forum for agents to share ideas to improve our business.

I must have missed the previous thread about this.
What's it all about?

It is to help agents. Informing agents about a scam is help. Nor does one have to be an agent to participate in the scam.

Any DME product needs a Dr. prescription to be paid under Medicare. There were scams in the past where DME companies were bundling braces & other products for seniors and billing Medicare for hundreds if not thousands of dollars in unneeded medical equipment. See here: Dozens arrested in Medicare fraud busts in handful of cities, including Houston | abc13.com

Even major outfits like the scooter store have paid huge fines to Medicare for pushing the envelope on claims.

Now, would you do this? Maybe you do have your clients best interests in mind, but does the DME supplier? If they are investigated by the authorities, do you want you name and insurance license to be as risk? Remember Medicare does not have any misdemeanors, only felonies when it comes to agents.

Basically, unless you are working for a major, local DME supplier (which most do not get involved in these braces through agent programs) I would not go down this road. But that is just me, just make sure you do your homework.

Any DME product needs a Dr. prescription to be paid under Medicare. There were scams in the past where DME companies were bundling braces & other products for seniors and billing Medicare for hundreds if not thousands of dollars in unneeded medical equipment. See here: Dozens arrested in Medicare fraud busts in handful of cities, including Houston | abc13.com

Even major outfits like the scooter store have paid huge fines to Medicare for pushing the envelope on claims.

Now, would you do this? Maybe you do have your clients best interests in mind, but does the DME supplier? If they are investigated by the authorities, do you want you name and insurance license to be as risk? Remember Medicare does not have any misdemeanors, only felonies when it comes to agents.

Basically, unless you are working for a major, local DME supplier (which most do not get involved in these braces through agent programs) I would not go down this road. But that is just me, just make sure you do your homework.

There is not a license to lose for the DME pusher. You don't have to be licensed to sell/give them out.

But, I see your point. Why would an agent that is licensed put that license in jeopardy because they got involved with this scam. Even if they don't lose their license they do lose their respect.

There are some big senior FMO's out there...

Word and Brown
Ritter Insurance Marketing
Health Plan One

And others..

We focus heavily on agent training; releasing our Top Gun Academy platform Oct. 1 for senior market agents - combining state of the art tools, technology, and training for high capacity agents seeking to grow their business and better serve their clients.

Trk,

You got that right. I didn't sign on with them, just checked them out. I may be new but I'm not stupid. That's the first thing I learned from reading the forum. Don't assign your commissions!

Back